FEDEX MOAB Place your bets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My Guess

Feb 15th, 300 WB Capts and 100 Boeing Capts....it will take till then for the bean counters to sign off on it.

man I missed something...what is "the Boeing?"

Flying Illini said:
man I missed something...what is "the Boeing?"

"the Boeing".......................727

Last edited:
Tuesday the 7th.....282 Captains.

The most junior captain award for the Boeing will only have been on property for ?????

My guess is 3 years 10 months.....April '02

PurpleTail said:
Tuesday the 7th.....282 Captains.

The most junior captain award for the Boeing will only have been on property for ?????

That is a pretty fast upgrade. The company is going to have their hands full.

His rear won't be in a class seat for another 2 years though....

I harbor no ill will towards SWA and I realize that some FedEx guys have butted into SWA posts in the past...

So then I guess you understand why I'm in your thread, plus it was an honest question.

however, if you choose to butt in and make fun of our 'tiny' boeing, you need to be aware that it has a higher MTOGW and carried more passengers per aircraft in it's day than any Boeing in your fleet.

Your 2000 hours of fighter time has brought you to that conclusion? You sure about that? So you fly an old airplane...its ok. I use to fly one of the orginal falcon 20's Fed Ex had...great airplane.

Every airline has it's tools, and you're SWA's.

Yeah, Our mechanics have many tools. I think they own their own with some of the bigger tools being owned by the company.

I find this amazing... I had no idea that the movement was so quick. You guys are seat locked, right?

SWA/FO said:
So then I guess you understand why I'm in your thread, plus it was an honest question.

Yes, that was my peace offering to show that I wasn't just spearing you for no reason.

SWA/FO said:
Your 2000 hours of fighter time has brought you to that conclusion? You sure about that? So you fly an old airplane...its ok. I use to fly one of the orginal falcon 20's Fed Ex had...great airplane.

No, my fighter time has brought me to many conclusions, but it is the facts that brought me to this one. Look it up; the 72 carried more than any 73 other than the -800(both 189).
I've never flown that old airplane, just ridden in it. It's a blast. The MD is a little newer, as is the bus...but I don't define myself by what I fly or flew. In fact, I'm happy to have flown some of the older planes while they were still around. If you get jealous or downtrodden about what other people fly compared to you then it will be a long life.
I do fly the NG on the side, it's a great plane, lots of fun.

SWA/FO said:
Yeah, Our mechanics have many tools. I think they own their own with some of the bigger tools being owned by the company.

No, I was speaking of you.

SWA/FO said:
I find this amazing... I had no idea that the movement was so quick. You guys are seat locked, right?

Yes, let's hope the growth continues. No seat lock yet, but there is talk of it.

One of the things I love about SWA/FO is that he isn't one of those flame-baiters, he truly is just a poor jacka$$ and doesn't realize it. Does anyone really think he works for SWA?

NFG

Word in the CDG Crew Lounge...

Last week in the Paris lounge talking to a former mgmt guy with his ear still to the ground. Summation is this:

The MOAB will come out as 1 bid with 400 widebody Capts or 2 bids creating 200 each. Training wants the big bid to control their costs. Legal and Accounting want two smaller bids so as to not lock in costs they believe will change anyway; and they want to avoid as many passover issues as possible.

Last time I checked, the bean counters and a$$#0[35 (legal) don't lose these types of battles. We shall see.

Latest resources

Back