Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correction for USNFDX

Slacker,
I was peruzing das web site and noticed there was an error in your profile. Under aircraft flown you put 727/DC-10. I think you meant to put, "Sat in back and watched real pilots actually fly the 727/DC-10". Just thought I would help ya out. Have a great Southwest day.

Doughboy.:cool:

Doughboy,
You are right! I stand corrected. I have not flown the 727 or DC10. Of course for 72 Bucks an hour , I'd sit on the crapper! Speaking of the crapper, Isn't that where your file went at FDX after your interview? Ouch! Boy that was mean! Maybe this should be private message...nah... Have fine Southwest day! Would that be six legs or seven???

:D

Slakr

Disclaimer: I really do like SWA, they are great company, I question their judgement on who they hire (Doughboy....just kidding, he's ok...well when he's not around anyway).....send all heated responses to doughboy.

Wow, Maybe I hit a nerve...

5lacker,
I am very sad for you my friend. I have a feeling you would sit on a bicycle post with out the seat for $72 dollars an hour. When your calling for clearance at 10 pm, I'm calling for the next round at the bar. You are also very misinformed about SWA, but thats ok, nothing new for you.
Maybe next Det meeting we can sit at the O'Club, I'll have a Sam Adams and buy ya a beer (If I can get ya to put the Kool-Aid down) and discuss life.

Life is short. Play hard. Don't go a changing 5lacker, love ya just the way you are!

Your daddy, Doughboy:cool:

Typical FedEx Line

For the guys at FedEx:

What does a typical line on the 727 look like? (e.g., length of trips, days working per months, typical lengths of layovers, etc.).

Thanks

it depends...

A typical line on the 727 at Fed Ex all depends on what you want. For me, living in Memphis, 2 young kids not in school, hired in February; my objective is day flying. I don't care where I go, or how often I go, as long as it is day time flying. I personally haven't taken off past midnight in nearly 4 months. Considering that is when I got off reserves, that is alright in my book. My line this month is all "afternoon out-n-backs". The first 3 weeks are Tuesday through Friday, depart early afternoon and land a little before midnight. The rest of the month is off. Twelve total days at work. This maximizes my day flying, my pay, and my time at home.

For a commuter, they may want something else. They may be looking for a week on / week off with layovers to avoid a crash pad and make some per diem. Others may be looking for weekend layovers in their home town. Like I originally said... it all depends on what you want. Fortunately, there is enough guys that want different things that most are satisfied.

Goose17

I guess I am in the pool! I got the call in Sept. But last week, i got a letter stating that there was no official job offer, that instead I was in the "pilot recruitment pool." They still have to do the reference checks and some other stuff. this is my first civ job... is this normal? Or is this what "the pool" is and i shouldn't sweat it?

You're In

Welcome to the pool you are in. Now the waiting game starts. Try to enjoy the time off until the classes start again. See you in Memphis.

flying

do not sweat

Hey guys in the pool,

Don't sweat it! I was in the exact same position this time last year. I got the letter stating welcome to the pilot pool / this is not a job offer / we will continue to do the background checks and other hoopla!

What does this all mean? YOU HAVE A JOB WITH FED EX! When? That is the unknown. Typically it starts up again right after peek.

Last year, when I got this letter, I called Kim Daniels and asked her what it all meant. She said, not to worry, you have a job, it is just a matter of when. I interviewed in Aug 01, got the letter some 6 weeks later, and started class in February.

Fed Ex has ALWAYS honored their hiring pool and as a side note; they have never furloughed.

So, what I am trying to say is; CONGRATULATIONS! If you have the letter, you have a job. It is that simple. Now, in the mean time, try not to go broke! ; )

Goose17

Interviews

Goose17,

I realize each year is probably different; but in the past, how long after peak did interviews pick up again? Thanks for all of the info.

Latest resources

Back