• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEDEX Fall Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually interviewed Aug of 2001. In other words, over a year ago. I've had other commitments until now.

I have seen several notes on this thread of members talking to KD. I am told by a FEDEX F/O who is going through a Viper transition course here, that I should call Kathy. Unfortunately, he couldn't find her number and now he is on emergency leave. Could someone help me by supplying her number? Thanks!

Gumby,
Her name's Kim and I would not recommend calling her, they hate random calls. Let your sponsors go talk to their prospective Chief Pilots... worked for me.

(and it's okay to say Dammit)

Kim called me this morning around 1030 with the good news. I interviewed 3/4 June and was originally in the 30 September cancelled class.

Asked for a friend where the cut-off was. ..she said everyone getting the call was interviewed in June 02 or prior and they were calling 24 people.

The class will be split up after the initial company idoc in order to train over the busy holiday season.

"January classes are probable." But as I told my wife...do not get excited until I tell you to.

Good luck all and keep the string going.

TT Boy

p.s. Gumby, for your sake...if you call...ask for KIM. But I second the recommendation. Unless you have been scheduled for interview and have a question or have been hired and have a question, let your sponsor talk for you.

Moneyshot and TTBoy,

Thanks for the correct name and advice, I'm taking it under consideration. What I want to update on my profile is a type rating. My sponsors and the F/O here at training have told me that will be okay to call. I am conflicted, maybe I'll just update the online app and relax on the news my sponsors already gave me.

Ciao

Don't do it....

If all you want to do is tell them you have a type rating, I definitely would not call and bother them. Use the online stuff and relax. Besides, if this is a 737 type rating, a guy like you would be pegged as a SWA wannabe (not that there's anything wrong with that). I flew a 737 2 weeks before my interview and purposely left it out of my logbook because I didn't want any of that stink on me going into the interview. Also, I wouldn't count on getting an interview call until the new year rolls around, so I can't see any positives from being a squeaky wheel right now. As soon as they open the window back up, have your sponsors squeak away! Good luck.

Moneyshot,

Just talked to the F/O Bro here. While on emergency leave he got a new story and says not to call. So the stories are now consistent. I will relax and wait. I understand that there is no way to get a call until after the first of the year. I will be very happy to wait many months after that. Thanks! Gumby

Crash pad for Noc 18 class

If anyone is interested in a nice crash pad w/private room for the Nov. 18 class, PM me and I can tell you about it.(It is not my property,I am just staying there for class)

U2FDX

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back