FEDEX Fall Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

houseopain

KD just left a message that both Sep and Oct classes are cancelled and if something changes she will let me know...SEND MONEY and another life raft!

So is it time to start an unofficial FedEx pool list like SWA? Maybe those guys can lend us some goggles and rubber duckies!!

FedEx poolies,

If you're interested in starting a FedEx Poolie list, I'll be glad to help you start it. We've got the form and we can get it titled "FDX Pool List" next to the "SWA Pool List" above.

What do you think? Any takers?

OK, here's what we need to do:

First, being unfamiliar with FedEx, I'll need to know a little about how poolies get in the pool. What method does FDX use in determining pool dates? Do you get a letter or a call? Does the date of this letter or call determine the pool date? Knowing this will help label the list columns.

Next, each poolie will need to post their "member name", "interview date", "pool date" and "any other date" to be added to the list. The class date will be added later.

Finally, we'll get the board administrator to post this list with the heading FDX Pool List at the top.

How many poolies do you all have out there?

My guess is there are roughly 30 in the current pool, but as they continue to interview (and hire, presumably) without starting classes, the number will grow. I interviewed 15 and 16 July and got called 26 July. I believe they go by interview date for class date, but I could be wrong.

4 out of 6 of us on my interview date were hired.

I just talked to KD and she told me that the company will continue to interview in Sept, and maybe into Oct. I asked her when she thought that I might start class and she said that I would probably to in the 3 or 4 class when they start up again. I interviewed on July 15-16.
Hope this helps.

This just out today from the asst chief pilot for 727 S/O:

"* Hiring: the second class in September has been canceled. No further hiring until sometime after the start of the New Year. There is a pool of about 80 who have been through the interview process waiting to be called."

Hope this info helps.

Does anyone know how many-stop-loss hires are in this pool? From early June (approx. the last interview date not started) through the end of July only about 30 were put in the pool, according to my feeble estimation. 80 sounds like a lot. Am I overlooking a large group of new hires???

Sorry, but I can't help you with how many of these 80 are stop loss people. I'm only quoting what the asst chief pilot of 727 S/Os said. I can only imagine that if he said they have 80 in the pool it must be around that number. I don't know why he would intentionally mislead the crewforce. Hope this helps.

Stop loss is an order given by the leadership to military members which locks them into military service and as long as it is in place, military members cannot seperate to the civilian world. Its instituted during a time of national crises (i.e. after 9/11). The military had a stop loss a while and were just released from it a few months ago.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back