FEDEX Fall Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDX Interviews

There were people interviewing last week here at FDX. Smaller numbers than earlier in the fall, but interviews none the less. I don't know how long into peak they will continue to interview. Everybody has a guess but nobody really knows for sure when hiring will pickup again. We're hoping for Jan, but that is just hoping.

unknown

The hiring for next year is unknown as most have said. The bean counters are saying 100 pilots for next year, but the pilot force is saying much more (very typical for each). Assuming there is zero growth in the industry and economy, and no one gets out on medical or early retirement, we will have to at least cover the scheduled retirements. The near future numbers are:

03' 83
04' 76
05' 128
06' 162'
07' 170

and so on.

There are a ton of opinions, rumors and alike circulating out there, but it is really an unknown. We only have our past to predict the future. Typically we shut down for peak and resume again in January or February.

Keep at it, update your profile, try not to go broke, and before you know it - you'll be on the inside looking out.

Goose17

I interviewed 23/24 Sept and got a letter today, NO CALL, that I am in the pool. KD told us at the interview that if we were hired to expect to start late spring.

Email from an ACP today said that a class of 24 is scheduled for 18 Nov. Currently about 85 in the pool, this will bring it down to around 60.

Also heard someone say that they talked to Jack Lewis, and he said that the lawsuit against DHL for the international mail contract was a done deal, and that it will significantly increase the number of MD-11 pilots we need... lets hope.

That's Great News

The 18 Nov class is great news for concerned I am sure! Has anybody else heard any of the same thing?

flying

Fedex Classes

I was in the Air Operations Center today and was also told by a fairly senior source that we would have a double (24) class starting on Nov 18th and that we had about 85 people in the pool. I would think that those 24 will or have already gotten a letter with the class date if the info is correct. Let's hope so!

I believe that I am #4 or so on the actual pool list and I have not heard anything yet.
It is definatly the best rumor that I have heard in a long time. I am praying that it is true.

Any word on future class sizes after the first of the year? Are they going to stay at 24 or drop back to 12? Anyone heard anything?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back