Feb. PBS Bid Awards - ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He might be ohhhhh what is the phrase..............."cautiously optomistic"

I'm glad everybody is happy and busy counting all their chickens.

He, like others are not quite high-fiving yet. The company has a long history of tweaking EVERY agreement we have EVER had. I think everyone worked REAL HARD to make these pairings look good. Will they put this much effort into the following months?

Just consider, they might tweak PBS to get everybody on board. We'll all be so happy we'll do ANTYTHING to convince EXJET that PBS is awesome. They need us to be happy for the JCBA negotiations/vote. After the vote WHAM! Pappagiorgio gets ahold of it again. If you were MGMT isn't that what YOU would do?

OR it could be the company has had a change of heart and wants us to enjoy an improved QOL after slowly crushing it over the last 4 years.

Given the past performance, which do you see as more likely?

I promise if this system turns out to benefit EVERYBODY after the JCBA is voted in, and for the following several months, I will happily eat my words.

I just don't trust them.

Ditto, 100% ditto....

The best defense is a good offense, especially with this type of system. If the company can figure out a way to hose people, they will. Every time we have ever trusted our mgmt. (past or current,) to "play ball," they have wound up kicking our balls in. History should be our guide.

Last edited:
He might be ohhhhh what is the phrase..............."cautiously optomistic"

I'm glad everybody is happy and busy counting all their chickens.

He, like others are not quite high-fiving yet. The company has a long history of tweaking EVERY agreement we have EVER had. I think everyone worked REAL HARD to make these pairings look good. Will they put this much effort into the following months?

Just consider, they might tweak PBS to get everybody on board. We'll all be so happy we'll do ANTYTHING to convince EXJET that PBS is awesome. They need us to be happy for the JCBA negotiations/vote. After the vote WHAM! Pappagiorgio gets ahold of it again. If you were MGMT isn't that what YOU would do?

OR it could be the company has had a change of heart and wants us to enjoy an improved QOL after slowly crushing it over the last 4 years.

Given the past performance, which do you see as more likely?

I promise if this system turns out to benefit EVERYBODY after the JCBA is voted in, and for the following several months, I will happily eat my words.

I just don't trust them.

Absolutely.

Not exaggerating. Plus, there is no need to sell the XJT guys on PBS, because they're getting it anyway

Not if the JNC doesn't agree on it, or if the XJT MEC doesn't agree on the TA, or if the pilot group votes it down.

Just consider, they might tweak PBS to get everybody on board. We'll all be so happy we'll do ANTYTHING to convince EXJET that PBS is awesome. They need us to be happy for the JCBA negotiations/vote.

This has been my theory all along. It makes sense. Why wouldn't they do this?

Not if the JNC doesn't agree on it, or if the XJT MEC doesn't agree on the TA, or if the pilot group votes it down.

Then we can just stay separate as far as I'm concerned...that may be the best way to handle our differences...

Then we can just stay separate as far as I'm concerned...that may be the best way to handle our differences...

Depending on what kind of PBS they want to shove down our throats, that may be fine with many at XJT. But i doubt Skywest is going to run us separate after what they told the investors about most cost savings are solely dependent on SOC.

There is NO way they will run us seperate. The cost savings essentially come from cutting the leadership (administration) completely out of an airline and running it as a lean element of pilots and aircraft. It's INSTANT growth without management costs. Imagine XJT or ASA with not a single management or clerical figure- massive cash savings..........

Also, it isn't going to matter how we word the contract- there will ALWAYS be vagarities, interpretations, and loop holes. There are no legally air tight documents- just ask any attourney. Frankly, I'm glad we're implimenting PBS now, rather than later so we KNOW where the loop holes are, and we can fix them in short order durring the next JCBA. At least this way, we don't have to wait 3+ years before we have an opportunity to fix the problems. Not a single contract in any airline's history has been without flaw, but at least we know the exploits quick enough to fix them ahead of time, this time, to cut down on the issues.

Depending on what kind of PBS they want to shove down our throats, that may be fine with many at XJT. But i doubt Skywest is going to run us separate after what they told the investors about most cost savings are solely dependent on SOC.

You are acting like XJT pilots have all the leverage. What happens if you guys don't ratify a JCBA with PBS and we don't ratify JCBA without PBS?

What cracks me up is the XJT seem to think they are going to send their guys into the JCBA negotiations with a list of demands that they are going to get. It's like they think this is a hostage negotiation. We demand this, this and this!!!! Or else we'll hold this whole thing up. We demand our bidding, our scheduling, our reserve system and oh yea, 25% pay raises --- OR ELSE!!!!

Sorry, it won't work that way.

You are acting like XJT pilots have all the leverage. What happens if you guys don't ratify a JCBA with PBS and we don't ratify JCBA without PBS?

We remain separate until we have a JCBA and SLI.

Exactly. Absolutely no way will ASA pilots want to go back to line bidding after getting a taste of PBS

Has it ever occured to you guys that you might actually like our line bidding system better than your PBS?

What cracks me up is the XJT seem to think they are going to send their guys into the JCBA negotiations with a list of demands that they are going to get. It's like they think this is a hostage negotiation. We demand this, this and this!!!! Or else we'll hold this whole thing up. We demand our bidding, our scheduling, our reserve system and oh yea, 25% pay raises --- OR ELSE!!!!

Sorry, it won't work that way.

How will it work? Because, personally for me, I don't mind keeping the contract we have now than to agree to any concession. Management is the one who bought us and said they were going to save $70M after SOC so now they have to deal with us. But that's just me.

Latest resources

Back