• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Feb. PBS Bid Awards - ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mine is awesome! I have the first 10 days of the month off, and that is with NO vacation. I bid 369 out of 442.

Wow that's great. I do have one week of vacation and I am off from now till Feb 21st. Does PBS do that for you ??? Oh wait you have to work two four day trips so you can get paid your guarntee. Bummer

Wow that's great. I do have one week of vacation and I am off from now till Feb 21st. Does PBS do that for you ??? Oh wait you have to work two four day trips so you can get paid your guarntee. Bummer

Well, in the mock bids I was able to get the first 22 days of a month off with one week of vacation. I would've worked 7 days and been paid 75 hours for the month. The junior pilot in a previous post was able to get 10 days off in a row without the aid of a vacation week, so I could very easily have done something similar at the end of the month preceding my vacation month. That would get me somewhere around 30 days off in a row.

I'd say PBS should be able to produce the stretch of days off you described. I'm not saying it is better than the XJT vacation rules, but similar results do appear to be possible. It certainly beats what ASA had before with inferior line bidding vacation rules. YMMV.

I gotta say after being somewhat skeptical of this thing.....ALPA hit a homerun with this PBS. Most of the junior people are ecstatic over it. Actually it seems like the junior guys love it more than the senior ones. Funny thing is crj567 didn't bid properly and got screwed while people junior to him got great awards.

crj567, you might want to spend more time learning about PBS bidding than crying about it on here. ROFLMAO!!!!
Kinda like jr. getting baby powder after having chapped arse after two or three days? Feels good at first but it the sting will come back. It aint over yet.

Glad most are happy with these results.

I just don't think it will last as the company has proven time and time again that they will learn how to "enhance" our QOL.

We'll see.

And how many days do you work, and what do you get paid for that? And please explain how you removed 3 weeks worth of flying on a week of vacation.

I have 21 days off in a row, with one week vacation. Happy so far, but I was happy with the last contract for 6 months til they figured out every loophole and well, we all know where they have been sticking that ever since!!!

I have 21 days off in a row, with one week vacation. Happy so far, but I was happy with the last contract for 6 months til they figured out every loophole and well, we all know where they have been sticking that ever since!!!

I have to agree with this post. I will admit I have the best schedule I've had in 10 years ..... lots of time off with the exact trips that I picked. as of now I am very pleased with the results. I'm witholding judgement until I see this thing in action for 6 months or a year .

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back