• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Feb. PBS Bid Awards - ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I know is that I took a pay-cut this year from the $h1t five leg, 5.25 hour credit days. The 200 sucks, unless you like working more for less.

Dual Qual will not be accepted by this pilot group unless it involves pay and qol increases for all pilots.
I must respectfully disagree with you on this point. Pilots are well known for selling each other out for a little gain. The American pilots voted in B pay scales on management's promise of more airplanes and growth. There are still scabs at Continental. Pilots will do a lot for just a few dollars more, and cannot be relied upon to look at the greater good.
Dual qual already exists at other airlines, and while I readily admit I don't know the details, I strongly suspect that the agreement at those airlines is not beneficial to ALL pilots with regard to pay and quality of life. Given that we have a lot of 200 pilots at ASa, I think dual qual would pass with ease were it put to a straight vote. Happily, our Union knows where the money is, and will certainly respect/represent the wishes of the senior guys, who are likely vigorously opposed to the concept of dual qual.

Absolutely no way will ASA pilots want to go back to line bidding after getting a taste of PBS
Read some of the other threads or ask around the lounge, and you will quickly realize that not every single pilot at ASa is happy with PBS. If I had to make a decision based on just this "taste", I would get rid of it.
/yes, I know how to bid.

Last edited:
pay cut? everyone quaranteed 75, u want mo $$$$ pick it up

Or bid the 700/900. Management should get the final block hours for summer shortly from Delta and a position notice should be coming out. With 200 pilots basically restricted to ATR/E120 schedules with low credit, Im predicting a mass exodus from the 200

I must respectfully disagree with you on this point. Pilots are well known for selling each other out for a little gain. The American pilots voted in B pay scales on management's promise of more airplanes and growth. There are still scabs at Continental. Pilots will do a lot for just a few dollars more, and cannot be relied upon to look at the greater good.
Dual qual already exists at other airlines, and while I readily admit I don't know the details, I strongly suspect that the agreement at those airlines is not beneficial to ALL pilots with regard to pay and quality of life. Given that we have a lot of 200 pilots at ASa, I think dual qual would pass with ease were it put to a straight vote. Happily, our Union knows where the money is, and will certainly respect/represent the wishes of the senior guys, who are likely vigorously opposed to the concept of dual qual.

Read some of the other threads or ask around the lounge, and you will quickly realize that not every single pilot at ASa is happy with PBS. If I had to make a decision based on just this "taste", I would get rid of it.
/yes, I know how to bid.

I agree with you that not every ASA pilot is happy with PBS, but the overwhelming majority are.

As far a the 200 pilots selling out the 700 pilots on dual qual, I respectly disagree. In fact, I highly doubt the union will even bring a proposal to the pilot group that shafts the 700/900 pilots.

As far a the 200 pilots selling out the 700 pilots on dual qual, I respectly disagree. In fact, I highly doubt the union will even bring a proposal to the pilot group that shafts the 700/900 pilots.

My apologies for poor writing. I think the 200 guys would sell out the 700 guys were they given a chance, but the Union will make sure it never even gets that far.

My apologies for poor writing. I think the 200 guys would sell out the 700 guys were they given a chance, but the Union will make sure it never even gets that far.

Honestly, I don't even think the company wants or needs dual qual at this point. The training expenditures to get everybody cross-trained would be unreal. Now that Delta is hell-bent on reducing the 200 fleet, what's the point of doing it for a dying airplane?

Remember when SkyWest went dual-qual they were in a period of unprecedented growth. You're training the newhires anyway, and the rest of the folks can get it done during their PC.

Also, SkyWest had many small bases that could go dual-qual one at a time. ASA has Atlanta. It could be done, but it would take about a year to train everybody, and we don't have near the instructors or sims available that we'd need to do it faster.

Honestly, I don't even think the company wants or needs dual qual at this point. The training expenditures to get everybody cross-trained would be unreal. Now that Delta is hell-bent on reducing the 200 fleet, what's the point of doing it for a dying airplane?

Remember when SkyWest went dual-qual they were in a period of unprecedented growth. You're training the newhires anyway, and the rest of the folks can get it done during their PC.

Also, SkyWest had many small bases that could go dual-qual one at a time. ASA has Atlanta. It could be done, but it would take about a year to train everybody, and we don't have near the instructors or sims available that we'd need to do it faster.

Very good points. You are probably right

I've been here for only 3 years...but what I've seen is that whenever the company has any flexibility...they don't use it to make our lives better.

Dual qual would be a huge flexibility for them...and I'm CERTAIN it would come at our expense, not for our benefit.

I'd vote 'no' on that one for sure.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back