Fastest Business Airplane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GVFlyer said:
In the G550 - Mach 0.83 at FL470 and Max Cruise at FL490 which would range from Mach 0.835 to Mach 0.85 for that flight. This is at Cruise power settings. The jet will fly faster at FL490 if Max Continuous is boxed on the Display Controller's TRS page (there are no limitations or reduction in TBO for the use of Max Continuous), but the jet would be slightly less efficient if you do so.

GV

As always, your answers are about as thorough, accurate, and concise as they could possibly be...

:D

G100driver said:
I finally figured it out!!!!

want2fly=skullone=LegacyDriver
That would put Legacy at something like 70 different screen names since '04. Surely a record!

want2fly said:
The east coast may be a long way from colorado in a GV but its only a hop skip and a jump in the Jav'! As far as the crab cake thing goes......huh?
You know EXACTLY what I mean... Livin ON the 'ville IN the 'ville...

HMR said:
Want2Fly- Did you mean this "Javelin"?

Looks fast but probably a gas guzzler.

That's an AMX. The Javelin had a back seat. The AMX was a two-seater. Both are beautiful cars.

Trivial Pursuit: The motor in the AMX was also used in another performance vehicle (rare, but some had it). Any guesses?

If GVflyer keeps posting stuff like 'Display Controller', 'box MCT', etc. the guys with red ties and blue sportcoats in SAV are going to file a grievance on him...;) TC

AA717driver said:
That's an AMX. The Javelin had a back seat. The AMX was a two-seater. Both are beautiful cars.

Trivial Pursuit: The motor in the AMX was also used in another performance vehicle (rare, but some had it). Any guesses?

If GVflyer keeps posting stuff like 'Display Controller', 'box MCT', etc. the guys with red ties and blue sportcoats in SAV are going to file a grievance on him...;) TC

Were you thinking of "The Rebel Machine"? Mark Donohue's AMX3? Javelins equipped with the 401 in³ engine were used by the Alabama State Police in 1971-1972.

Gotta go! The guys in red ties and blue sportscoats are after me.

GV

~

Last edited:
English said:
You guys are a bunch of slowpokes.

I did LGB-TEB a few weeks ago at 3 hours 55 minutes. Only burned 20,000 lbs too... :eek:
But, you were running downwind, these guys are talking about running into the wind. 20,000 lbs sounds about right for a 737 or an A318-319-320.

Latest resources

Back