• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fastest Business Airplane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The super x is rumored to be around. Not sure if i'd put much stock in it.

Much like the X with winglets. That i have seen.

GEXDriver said:
Thanks for the responses about the Citation X climb performance. Is it true that the Citation X is going out of production with no follow-on high-speed replacement announced by Cessna? If so, why?
You mean you haven't heard of the "fatation", apparently it's a wider X. Look for an announcement around NBAA:pimp:

Interesting to see where the posts on this thead list, something is kind of messed up. This was posted on Tuesday evening

The fastest aircraft or the fastest aircraft from service center to service center?

I agree w/ Diesel and X man about the 300/ .80 climb schedule. Typical of a swept wing a/c, the X does not like the high deck angles (250 knts) in the 20s. Especially anything above ISA. It seems the higher you go the more efficient the X wing gets, though. (By no means are you going to beat a Gstream to altitude, though.) Nothing like sitting at 41 doing .89/.90 and sipping 2000lbs an hr.

G4G5- We have had very few problems w/ our X over the last 4 yrs. She is not a hangar queen but does not fly as much as a QS, though. Seems to be very good support from Team X, also.

The fastest plane between service centers misnomer is pretty much due to the early planes and the way NJ operates them. The only time they see mx if it's scheduled or if it breaks. They just don't do preventive mx.

The corp or personally owned x that I fly is a completely different bird. It has it's own crew chief and when it comes through the home base at night the chief goes over it. Just like any corp plane. If this part is starting the to wear the crew chief can keep an eye on it or replace it beforehand.

Just two completely different ways to operate a plane. I don't agree with the NJ way. Too much bureaucracy.

All 3 Xs I flew climbed best at the climb speed schedule of M.80, and if I remember correctly, gave me a +2000 fpm climbrate. The GV could outclimb the X Im sure but the X could definitely outsprint the GV until it runs out of legs. Flying the X was a blast but I would definitely loooooovveee to be in the GV instead...ahhh the comfort of being able to scratch certain parts of your body inflight. :cartman:

Nothing like sitting at 41 doing .89/.90 and sipping 2000lbs an hr.
.....unless you're in a P180 at 410 doing .58/.59 sipping 450 lbs/hr

You go

Last edited:
me thinks sitting IN BACK with a few hotty topless broads sipping an 18yr old scotch at any flight level beats em all!

(just a dream)

:eek:

Gulfstream 200 said:
me thinks sitting IN BACK with a few hotty topless broads sipping an 18yr old scotch at any flight level beats em all!

(just a dream)

:eek:

EXACTLY.

What sort of dingbat worth here weight in salt would ever walk up the stairs of a G-V and turn left to hang with the pilots!

I wish that I could afford to drink 18 year old scotch! Damned dirty 12 year pilot swill.:puke:

Latest resources

Back