• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAPA President, "Happy with the outcome."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 40 airplane deal was because we could have unloaded immediately the rest because of expired leases on the Airbii. We have enough 737's on the property or on order to absorb the guys with the increase in flying from F9. No pilots would have been furloughed. SW could have flicked a switch and had newhire classes for 60-100 a month until all were trained.

What's the point of making things up?

None of these are facts...they are all what could have happened.

They easily could have not have happened.

Blah blah blah....

Why are you guys so anxious to tell these guys they were wrong. Most of them didn't have a say in any of this anyway.

Do you enjoy kicking people when they're down?

Furloughed? What about the new Rest and duty Regs. about to come into play?

If the possibility of some furloughs and the fact that Captains would have to pull gear and lose some quality of life were the only two reasons you guys could come up with to turn down a semi-guaranteed ( there are no guarantees ) well defined future for yourselves...You guys deserve everything you get from here.

There will be nothing but heartache and pain foostered upon you with RAH.

In most likelihood, F9 will wither on the vine and be parted out and sold over a few years time.

That is not my wish for any of you, and good luck with it.

But, I think some very nasty writing is on the wall for you folks.

Remember....RAh and F9 = It's nothing personal, it's just BUSINESS.

Ouch.

YKOHNO!

Furloughed? What about the new Rest and duty Regs. about to come into play?

If the possibility of some furloughs and the fact that Captains would have to pull gear and lose some quality of life were the only two reasons you guys could come up with to turn down a semi-guaranteed ( there are no guarantees ) well defined future for yourselves...You guys deserve everything you get from here.

There will be nothing but heartache and pain foostered upon you with RAH.

In most likelihood, F9 will wither on the vine and be parted out and sold over a few years time.

That is not my wish for any of you, and good luck with it.

But, I think some very nasty writing is on the wall for you folks.

Remember....RAh and F9 = It's nothing personal, it's just BUSINESS.

Ouch.

YKOHNO!
I have to admit, initially I thought the SWA thing was a good deal, but then hearing the FAPA leaders talk about the meeting they said it was laughable. The arrogance of the SWAPA guys was out of control. I honestly now think the F9 group is in a better situation. This way F9 will still exist and the way I hear it everybody will keep their jobs instead of maybe getting a chance to fly for SWA if they call the junior few hundred back after the inevitable furlough. FAPA was not just looking out for the senior guys here as so many have stated, if anything, they were looking out more for the junior group. 11 planes off line = 100+ laid off pilots. Its still a roll of the dice with RAH but I think they made the right move. Good luck F9.

Good luck F9. If SWA furloughed 100, they would probably be recalled fairly quickly with expansion. When RAH furloughs, there will be no recall. Anyways, good luck I hope it works our for all of you.

Your view of the SWAPA guys "arrogance and out of control" is inaccurate. Your FAPA leaders are lying to you. Good Luck F9 guys. I think your screwed, but hopefully not. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. (except maybe VA) I also believe that you're fooling yourself if you believe the current 2000+ RAH pilots are not going to have issues with flying "your" buses.

Your view of the SWAPA guys "arrogance and out of control" is inaccurate. Your FAPA leaders are lying to you. Good Luck F9 guys. I think your screwed, but hopefully not. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. (except maybe VA) I also believe that you're fooling yourself if you believe the current 2000+ RAH pilots are not going to have issues with flying "your" buses.

They are "lying to you"......Hmmm....well, if the attitude of SWAPA members is even remotely close to the SWA pilots attitude on this board, I bet they were NOT lying. Now is the time for Republic to turn around and smack SWA in DEN.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
what about the article that virgin america wants the buses? as far as RAH wouldnt it be better to operate a fleet type that is common with eachother to hold down costs? I dont know whats in the future and after all is said i as part of the RAH family welcome the fine folks of Frontier airlines, you have always been one of the best airlines out there!! good luck to you all and my you posper with us

Latest resources

Back