• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAPA President, "Happy with the outcome."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey FAPA Pilots.....you guys blew it, BIG TIME! SWAPA gave you 3 out of 4 items you wanted, all furloughed guys were going to be SWA Pilots. You gave up 7.3% 401k matching, profit sharing, a 40% pay raise... unreal! I feel bad for you guys. Seat protection GMAFB, bankrupt carrier. Your senior dudes blew it... Not SWAPA.

Good luck

SWAFO, please go ask your MA committee about the recall rights of the "excess" FAPA pilots.

Half of our pilot group (captains) were going to lose QOL and remain at their current pay or experience a small raise. They simply did not want to become a furlough shock-absorber and sit reserve for the same or close to the same pay.

20% (at least), were going to be furloughed on "day one", and their recall rights were not clear.

The FO's that kept their jobs were the only ones that would have experienced any benefit.

Destroy an entire airline and put 4300 people on the street just so 150 FO's could get raises and a number at SWA?

If you are going to make a claim, I recommend that you go directly to the source within SWAPA and ensure the accuracy of your claim.

My post is 110% accurate.

I have nothing but respect for the FAPA pilots. They had some choices to make and they did what they thought was right for them. I would have loved to have you guys on board but I gotta say, I'm kinda happy about the outcome, too. I think we had 2 very proud groups and we would have had poisoned relations no matter how it was going to end up. The anger from whomever "got shafted" in the final deal would have never ended and this would have had a negative effect on Southwest Airlines. Denver would have been great but not at the expense of a fairly cohesive work group. Sorry if it got a bit emotional during the debate. It was not really personal...just business and trying to protect our junior pilots. I truly wish F9 good luck and hope it works out well for you and your families.

Sincerely,
shootr

do you realize what say 3rd yr pay at swa is with out working extra it is over 108k.. who cares about upgrade. I gave that up the day I hired in.. hope to still work it out with your guys and gals

Sorry your Capts were gonna get PAY PROTECTION to pull gear. How many other FOs have gotten pay protection from their previous job, when they came over to SWA? Answer NONE!

I believe all your guys would have been SWA Pilots.

U guys are nuts! I made 174,000 last year AS AN FO!
One thing is for sure Southwest Airlines takes care of their own. Good luck

Sorry your Capts were gonna get PAY PROTECTION to pull gear. How many other FOs have gotten pay protection from their previous job, when they came over to SWA? Answer NONE!

Yawn........

This is getting tiresome...

Yes, the captains were going to be pay protected. I acknowledged that in my post. That was not compelling enough for them to be on reserve and/or risk furlough.

While I am sure you "believe" that "all your guys would have been SWA pilots", the proposal that was presented to FAPA did not include all F9 pilots. Some were deemed to be "excess", and their recall rights were not included.

Well then I guess you guys made the right decision

The 40 airplane deal was because we could have unloaded immediately the rest because of expired leases on the Airbii. We have enough 737's on the property or on order to absorb the guys with the increase in flying from F9. No pilots would have been furloughed. SW could have flicked a switch and had newhire classes for 60-100 a month until all were trained.

This is getting tiresome...

Yes, the captains were going to be pay protected. I acknowledged that in my post. That was not compelling enough for them to be on reserve and/or risk furlough.

Was the pay protection offered at current rates or at higher rates in place previous to a pay concession?

Latest resources

Back