• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAPA President, "Happy with the outcome."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the life of me I cannot believe f9 pilots turned down a seniority number as wn. Sure there would have been job losses, but if you think there wont be any at Republic, you are dreaming. Republic has no clue how to compete with the big boys. What about career expectations for F9 pilots? Someone told me that 60% of F9 pilots have aps at WN, your senior negotiators just screwed you. Good luck F9 pilots, i wish you and your family's the best and I hope im wrong in my analysis. Time will tell.....

Don't quite know yet, but i have been told that a favorable SLI was negotiated with RAH awhile back. I think DEN was to be put under a fence and that no RAH pilot could take a bus slot until all current F9 pilots are in the left seat...again, i could be wrong.

ummmm....nope.

According to BB he wants to operate F9 as a stand alone. He will probably sell 50% of F9 to another creditor and that will end all talks of intergration. I'm glad for the F9 guys, they still have a job and the future is in thier hands not WN.

Ha ha, hey Joe ask the ATA guys how well they got taken care of.

bedford can't do that according to the scope language in the RAH CBA.

your senior negotiators just screwed you.

As if that never happens at any airline. :rolleyes:

Luckily SWAPA was going to give it's group the chance to vote on any SLI. Probably because the senior negotiators were trying to screw the junior guys over their first TA and it got defeated. Didn't want to make the same mistake. However, you can bet there probably won't be a senior guy holding office again in the next few elections.

Tha same thing that would have happened to me if we got the SWA bid...I'd be out of a job.

You keep bringing this possible short term issue up over & over again. It was stated that WN would reduce monthly flight hours to keep EVERYBODY working. They never had a pilot on the street, and aren't going to stick it to anyone now. That's the kind of concept your missing with WNs people friendly environment... Something F9 pilots aren't use to; sticking together. It's too late now, were closer to being on the street than we ever were. FAPA blew it and we all know it. Shortsightedness has it's price, the piper is going to come knocking with a bigger stick than before & the competition is going to be ruthless. Wait and see... But wait, were blind.

Hey FAPA Pilots.....you guys blew it, BIG TIME! SWAPA gave you 3 out of 4 items you wanted, all furloughed guys were going to be SWA Pilots. You gave up 7.3% 401k matching, profit sharing, a 40% pay raise... unreal! I feel bad for you guys. Seat protection GMAFB, bankrupt carrier. Your senior dudes blew it... Not SWAPA.

Good luck

Ok, i'll post this again...SWA wanted only 80% of the planes which meant 80% of the pilots...which means i would have been on the street...which means that the company with "the strongest finances of the pax carriers" would have furloughed from day one. I may have said that in another thread though, so i'll give ya some lee way.;)

Ok, and we will keep telling you we were going to have reduced lines to compensate for the 100 pilots (20%). I'd like to see the furlough offer ??? We communicated completely and sounds like your union did not for you guys. Now, you are owned and controlled by a company with no negotiations covered, zip! Hope it works out. You'll give us lee way ? Get the facts straight dude. Just to be clear, I/We are fine with the deal the way it ended. Were still getting sleep at night, I sure hope you guys are

Latest resources

Back