• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAPA President, "Happy with the outcome."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they are "lying to you"......hmmm....well, if the attitude of swapa members is even remotely close to the swa pilots attitude on this board, i bet they were not lying. Arrogance abound for sure. Now is the time for republic to turn around and smack swa in den.

Bye bye--general lee

General,

Thanks for being pro-F9, however I am disappointed in this outcome. I think RAH will continue to degrade our profession. I do not feel sorry for F9/FAPA, we deserve it and I am glad we are not going to dilute the "STRONG" SWAPA group. Knowing SWAPA and a few friends at SWA, they were never going to "lay-off" our pilots, contrary to what are UNION tells us.

We havent even seen our proposed Letter of Agreement with RAH, yet. I am worried and ready for a long battle to restore this profession.

CYA

For the life of me I cannot believe f9 pilots turned down a seniority number as wn. Sure there would have been job losses, but if you think there wont be any at Republic, you are dreaming. Republic has no clue how to compete with the big boys. What about career expectations for F9 pilots? Someone told me that 60% of F9 pilots have aps at WN, your senior negotiators just screwed you. Good luck F9 pilots, i wish you and your family's the best and I hope im wrong in my analysis. Time will tell.....

I'd say Frontier knows how to compete with the big boys...just ask SWA!

what about the article that virgin america wants the buses? as far as RAH wouldnt it be better to operate a fleet type that is common with eachother to hold down costs? I dont know whats in the future and after all is said i as part of the RAH family welcome the fine folks of Frontier airlines, you have always been one of the best airlines out there!! good luck to you all and my you posper with us

Virgin America was just trying to get their names in the paper.

Southwest would have never given them those airplanes and they knew it. By stating they'd be interested in 40 some a/c it all they wanted to do was get investors attention.

As for fleets. I will be very surprise to see all the buses go away. The 318's and a few 319's maybe, but Bedfords no dope. I could even see him adding more 320's.

Most of Frontier's operation seems to be fine just the way it is. With a few tweaks here and there (yes probably some 170's and 190's to markets SW can't or won't serve) it will be even leaner and meaner.

Bedford isn't the greatest guy to work under, but he grew the hell out of Mesaba and he's done the same thing to CHQ.

He's not an idiot, some of these Southwest guys thinking they are going to roll into DEN and steal the show need to open their eye's and see what a smart business man this guy really is.

Southwest will be able to compete in some of F9's markets, but not all. F9's product is (and hopefully will stay) radically different as well.

This is far from over and considering Bedford's track record I am curious to see what he has up his sleeve (and yes this doesn't mean it will be all good for his employees...he's about the $$$ and success...if the employees happen to share in it it's an afterthought).

Last edited:
It doesn't mean that at all, you dolt. Southwest has NEVER furloughed a pilot, EVER. We'd reduce our line values to the extent necessary to keep everyone. We've done it before, and if need be, we'll do it again. Why don't you read "Nuts" and try to learn what it's like at a real carrier...not one where the Captain has to put the crew's rooms on his credit card?

Ok, i'll post this again...SWA wanted only 80% of the planes which meant 80% of the pilots...which means i would have been on the street...which means that the company with "the strongest finances of the pax carriers" would have furloughed from day one. I may have said that in another thread though, so i'll give ya some lee way.;)

It doesn't mean that at all, you dolt. Southwest has NEVER furloughed a pilot, EVER. We'd reduce our line values to the extent necessary to keep everyone. We've done it before, and if need be, we'll do it again. Why don't you read "Nuts" and try to learn what it's like at a real carrier...not one where the Captain has to put the crew's rooms on his credit card?

You asked her to dance and she said NO.

Get over it.

I'd bet the chances are very good you will furlough in the next 12-18 months...if that. Listen to yourself, dolt! You really think nothing will happen to SWA? Again, look at all the former heavyweights out there struggling to survive. I'm emberassed for you.

I'd bet the chances are very good you will furlough in the next 12-18 months...if that. Listen to yourself, dolt! You really think nothing will happen to SWA? Again, look at all the former heavyweights out there struggling to survive. I'm emberassed for you.

I don't know about Southwest furloughing anytime soon.

I do know that some of these guys need to actually take a look at the playing field and realize that it's a little early to say the "fat lady's singing".

I'm embarrassed for a lot of these SW guys posting as well.

None of them are a fair representation of the friends I know that work there.

How come Gary Kelly didn't up the bid. If he wanted F9 bad enough, couldn't he have just bought his way out of the labor deal...or just blew the labor part off and let they pilots work it out in arbitration?

Maybe Frontier's numbers weren't as good as everyone thought. It looks like he wanted them bad enough he could have steam rolled Republic.

Whatever. Looks like it will be that much easier for me to get on with SWA.

You know so much about our finances, we should hire you in HQ...especially since you went to law school, not business school. BTW, did you graduate from law school? If so, why are you so worried about losing your job at a bankrupt carrier? Were you disbarred, or didn't pass the bar exam? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know about Southwest furloughing anytime soon.

I do know that some of these guys need to actually take a look at the playing field and realize that it's a little early to say the "fat lady's singing".

I'm embarrassed for a lot of these SW guys posting as well.

None of them are a fair representation of the friends I know that work there.

I have no doubt SWA employees are a great group of people...just few clowns posting on here. We all have them.

Latest resources

Back