• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon sms = transonic????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice description of the iconic Bonanza. 60+ years later, unable to be improved upon.

Son, I am describing the iconic Gulfstream business jet - gods machine.

Gulfstreams -True aviation Icons...things that we recognize easily because of qualities that elevate them beyond our ordinary levels of awareness to a place where a single word or phrase, a single sound, or even a single image evokes everything we know about them. Icons are so powerful that they do more than inspire thoughts; they elevate feeling to the cusp of our consciousness.

Going supersoinc on a drawing board don't count.

Yeah, plenty of power, that what French Aircraft are known for.

I can see it know, but Monsieur, read the fine print, we only gurantee supersonic while the aircraft is in descent mode, with 2 pilots weighing a combined 180 pounds, no interior ...........

But don't worry we with come out with come out with an A model, a B, a C, an EX, DX, LX, EZ that will do what we originally intended it to do and thats no BS

Going supersoinc on a drawing board don't count.

Yeah, plenty of power, that what French Aircraft are known for.

I can see it know, but Monsieur, read the fine print, we only gurantee supersonic while the aircraft is in descent mode, with 2 pilots weighing a combined 180 pounds, no interior ...........

But don't worry we with come out with come out with an A model, a B, a C, an EX, DX, LX, EX that will do what we originally intended it to do and thats no BS

Err, right, I guess that is why Gulfstream (not Grumman) never built a GIIb/GIIc/GIIIac/GIIIdc/GIV/GIVsp/G300/G400/G450/GV/G550 after the orginal G-II. All designed around the G-1 fusulage. :p

Son, I am describing the iconic Gulfstream business jet - gods machine.

Gulfstreams -True aviation Icons...things that we recognize easily because of qualities that elevate them beyond our ordinary levels of awareness to a place where a single word or phrase, a single sound, or even a single image evokes everything we know about them. Icons are so powerful that they do more than inspire thoughts; they elevate feeling to the cusp of our consciousness.
That's awesome, I wish I could drink that Koolaid in my psuedo-French, low riding, RJ derivative, 604.:bawling:

That's awesome, I wish I could drink that Koolaid in my psuedo-French, low riding, RJ derivative, 604.:bawling:

Maybe someday. Keep up the hard work and you may get here.

Throughout the history of aviation both men and machines alike have reached this loftiest dais of distinction. Indeed, their relationship to one another is often so interwoven that they are often synonymous with one another.

Few aircraft embody such an iconic level as genuinely as a Gulfstream. To a pilot, this jet is a symbol of all that a flying machine should be – and more.

Good Luck, its all worth it.

I read the following in AIN or somewhere:
The SMS will have 12,500lb thrust class engines. I'm sure they will be derated to a reasonable level.
The transonic rumor is that parts of the airframe may operate in that regime. It has to do with the fly-by-wire system. A FBW aircraft can be certified to a narrower margin to onset of undesirable transonic effects than a conventionally controlled aircraft.
I don't know the exact math but an example would be if there is a buffet @ .98, a FBW aircraft can be certified with an MMO of .965 and a conventionally controlled aircraft would be limited to .93. Once again example, NOT real numbers.
I do know that Falcon has stated they will get the "fastest business jet" title back from Cessna with the SMS. Falcon 10 had it previously...

It was stated to me that the airplane is going to do M1.0 over land. Now I don't want to outright reveal my source by name but let's just say that the source is someone who is heading up the 7x training program for the number one training company worldwide.

If my limited experience in this industry has shown me anything, its that there's no rumors like schoolhouse rumors...

Gee, since there's only one 7X training company, which company could it be? If he's right, that would be very, very, cool!

Latest resources

Back