Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Fair" treatment for "experienced" pilots comes home to roost?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
making ALPA, the APA, ATA or whoever liable for a law that congress passed..... is..... amazing....
quote]
Can't you read or what? It's for the law they didn't change by 11/23/06, and the privileges given to others and not all.

Don't you believe in justice if a wrong was commited?

Can't you read or what? It's for the law they didn't change by 11/23/06, and the privileges given to others and not all.

Congress wanted the law passed..... they know how to pass laws....

Your justice view is subjective....

Let's do the right and bring these guys back. We can show as a group, we are United against discrimination and will not tolerate it now nor will we accept its evil past.

Lets let them do the right thing and all retire when they hit age 60, just like the everyone before them had to do. It is not discrimination, any more than having to be age 23 to get an ATP is discrimination.

Undaunted,

Read my post above and tell me where I am wrong in my logic. As I said, in order for them to prove their case, they would have to 'challenge' the law on the basis that it was/is 'discriminatory' and if successful, a Federal Judge would have NO Choice but to 'strike down' the law, and would be as though the law was NEVER enacted. Right??

PD

The lawsuits will go nowhere.
For what its worth.
PD
Thanks for your take on this and you may be right, but I prefer to listen to the attorneys who are experts on constitutional law.

There are many suits on this. One is the suit over why those requesting a waiver of the law following 11/23/06 were denied the requests. There is no real basis for the denial when all that is required is that the waiver requests prove an equal level of safety, such as was already being given to the foreign crews. How could the FAA say a B777 from ORD to FRA was OK to be flown by an over age-60 pilot for a foreign airline but not for an American pilot flying for UAL or American. Did the FAA put out warnings to the public that the foreign airlines were less safe? No. So the denial of the waiver requests was according to politics and not in accordance with law. The chickens will come home to roost on this one.

And your question about if the current pilots over age 60 who are flying could possibly lose their jobs if the recent change is found to be unconstitutional, the answer is NO. The over age-60 pilots are here to stay. There is no way any change is going to cause them to have to quit while the foreign crews can still fly in this country. Agan, it's all "equal protection-treatment." That's the law.

Last edited:
I agree with you. So, go ahead and sue alpa. We, the active pilots will disband alpa so quick.

This is what many people want. ALPA is no longer serving the membership and should disban. Good point. This is very possibly an outcome.

For every action there is an equal and opposit reaction.

Don't you see it. ALPA is soon to be history on account of its failings. Just look as US Air. Soon it will be UAL and then that's it. The end.

Last edited:
Are you retired ual, and also were you scab?

quote=UndauntedFlyer;1593716]This is what many people want. ALPA is no longer serving the membership and should disban. Good point. This is very possibly an outcome.

For every action there is an equal and opposit reaction.

Don't you see it. ALPA is soon to be history on account of its failings. Just look as US Air. Soon it will be UAL and then that's it. The end.[/quote]

Thanks for your take on this and you may be right, but I prefer to listen to the attorneys who are experts on constitutional law.

There are many suits on this. One is the suit over why those requesting a waiver of the law following 11/23/06 were denied the requests. There is no real basis for the denial when all that is required is that the waiver requests prove an equal level of safety, such as was already being given to the foreign crews. How could the FAA say a B777 from ORD to FRA was OK to be flown by an over age-60 pilot for a foreign airline but not for an American pilot flying for UAL or American. Did the FAA put out warnings to the public that the foreign airlines were less safe? No. So the denial of the waiver requests was according to politics and not in accordance with law. The chickens will come home to roost on this one.

You never answered my question; ultimately, how are they going to prevail in any lawsuit unless they 'challenge' the law based on 'discrimatory' basis, 'unfair/unequal treatment'???

And, if so, if they are successful, would that just 'strike down' the whole Law?? Bringing back 'age 60'

And, in fact that is what they may end up doing, whether it was their original intent or not. As lawsuits often end up with, 'unintended consequences' A very likely possibility??

PD

You never answered my question; ultimately, how are they going to prevail in any lawsuit unless they 'challenge' the law based on 'discrimatory' basis, 'unfair/unequal treatment'???

And, if so, if they are successful, would that just 'strike down' the whole Law?? Bringing back 'age 60'

And, in fact that is what they may end up doing, whether it was their original intent or not. As lawsuits often end up with, 'unintended consequences' A very likely possibility??

PD

I have edited in the answer to your question in my prior post. My answer is the opinion of everyone who seems is legally informed on this, but you are right, no one knows exactly how all this will fall out. We all hope it's for the best for everyone.

And your question about if the current pilots over age 60 who are flying could possibly lose their jobs if the recent change is found to be unconstitutional, the answer is NO. The over age-60 pilots are here to stay. There is no way any change is going to cause them to have to quit while the foreign crews can still fly in this country. Again, it's all "equal protection-treatment." That's the law.

Last edited:
Are you retired ual, and also were you a scab?
This board always suggests than anyone who says anything negative relating to ALPA or the old age 60 rule is some kind of scab. And furthermore, it usually comes from someone who has never proven their loyalty. They are just bystanders who suggest that others are scabs. Is that you?

I think this will answer your question.

I threw my ALPA "Battle star" pin in the toilet along with my ALPA "Retirement" pin. It made me feel good.

And just for the record, I also threw my Company "Retirement" pin in the toilet too. That made me feel good too.

I now only wear my GWRRA pin. So that's the way it is!

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back