• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA will begin random ramp and line checks @ mesaba starting 7/27/09

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're showing your complete ignorance. Think about this and get back to me. God help your pax when you become PIC.

All you guys have done is dig yourselves into a hole, from confirming that you have to go missed on an ILS when the weather is vfr due to incompetence, to recommending blasting off into 1000/3 in a jet without a clearance. I didn't think much of you guys before, and now you've just confirmed my suspicions. No wonder most corporate flight dept's won't hire you.

Sounds like this guy ^^^^^^ probably got turned down by XJ cause he reallys has it out for you guys. WOW

What a freaking baby!!! Cant wait a few more minutes to depart cause some Mesaba plane went Missed....Really? If your so impatient maybe its time to get out of the aviation industry all together man.

KMOX was lurking on these boards LONG before he was a Fed... He was an FOrever or was it FOever? Anyways good to see him around here again.

Thanks CptMurf! I did take a little vacation from FlightInfo for a bit there. I left XJ as a DTW SF3 CA. I spent about 3 years in the left seat of the Saab-O-Matic.

One thing it takes a bit of getting used to is to see people run (joeywoofwoof) as soon as someone knows you're a Fed. I don't feel any different, I don't treat anyone different, I still have all my pilot certificates, and I still have stay current and qualified in the SF340.

Anyhow, it's good to see some of the familiar Mesaba folks on here. I will always believe that the people at XJ were the best people I will ever work with.

:D

I, like CptMurf, don't mind the folks from the FAA riding up front and observing because it doesn't change a thing as to how I run the flightdeck. But, with that said, instead of the former deputy chief of the FAA(or whatever his title was) standing in front of cameras and telling the public that he doesn't think the regionals are safe, I would love to see him or any other Washington FAA folks stand up and say:

Ladies and gentlemen we at the FAA approve everything that goes on at XYZ airlines. We approve their manuals, training syllibus, instructors, training department, we ride along in the cockpit, we observe training sessions and most importantly, if we see something that troubles us we bring it to the airlines attention. So if there is a problem with the training or operations at a certain airline you need not look any farther than us.
icon10.gif

Thanks CptMurf! I did take a little vacation from FlightInfo for a bit there. I left XJ as a DTW SF3 CA. I spent about 3 years in the left seat of the Saab-O-Matic.

One thing it takes a bit of getting used to is to see people run (joeywoofwoof) as soon as someone knows you're a Fed. I don't feel any different, I don't treat anyone different, I still have all my pilot certificates, and I still have stay current and qualified in the SF340.

Anyhow, it's good to see some of the familiar Mesaba folks on here. I will always believe that the people at XJ were the best people I will ever work with.

:D

Is that because you are working with Murray out of the YIP office now?

No, but it's always nice to get a heads up when they're out in force.

Forewarned is forearmed and all that...

A heads up is nice, but you should never need one if you're doing everything right the first time every time. Personally, I'd like to see the feds nail a few guys who half @ss everything just because they don't think anyone's looking. They make the rest of us look like idiots. BTW I'm not saying I'm perfect before any of you reactionary types get a chip on your shoulder.

Memphis is the summer siberia for at least one unlucky yankee fed. I saw one of our POI's fresh off a PAH turn saturday afternoon in MEM. He was sweating and muttering about how hot it was, about dodging thunderstorms and about the turbulence. He said "I know you guys are used to this, but I'm not." I think another month of this and our POI might drop some of that extra weight he's carrying.

Memphis is the summer siberia for at least one unlucky yankee fed. I saw one of our POI's fresh off a PAH turn saturday afternoon in MEM. He was sweating and muttering about how hot it was, about dodging thunderstorms and about the turbulence. He said "I know you guys are used to this, but I'm not." I think another month of this and our POI might drop some of that extra weight he's carrying.

It couldn't have been JL but if it had I'd love to see pictures:p

Latest resources

Back