• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA will begin random ramp and line checks @ mesaba starting 7/27/09

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not trying to be antagonistic, if you read my post you'll see there's nothing about a visual, only about going missed when unnecessary, thus causing delays for folks trying to get their passengers to their destination so they can do their job, which allows others to keep theirs in this tough economy.

Believe it or not, some corporations depend on aviation for their survival, and a whole lot of middle class working folks depend on that corporation to put food on the table. While you're shooting approaches and going missed when the weather is 1000/3, we're sitting on the ground waiting, our folks are wasting their time, and our competitors are capitalizing on this. Hence, we miss out on business opportunities, workers get laid off, families do without, local retailers go under.... all so you can shoot a frigging approach and go missed just to do it again. That's what sim's are for. You know what, if you can't shoot an ILS down to min's you need to quit and go find something you're good at.

Last edited:
The company I work for has laid off 50% of it's workforce, over 2500 of it's employee's, in a town of 4000. This is serious business, families are doing without, my neighbors are struggling. This is not a game. The airspace you guys waste is needed to move people around so that people can make a living. You may not care about others, but to put it in terms you can understand, imagine your parents losing their income while they were paying for your flight training and pft. If you're lucky, you'll evolve as a human and understand what I'm talking about some day.

cjdriver, you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes the the training department and flight operations at mesaba. Having flown/taught on the SAAB for over 10 years, I feel justified in saying you are making yourself look like an uneducated fool.
Name the Date, Flight Number and Time, of this supposed 1,000/3 missed approach. I'll look it up.

To associate any aircraft shooting practice approaches with the downfall of your company is ludicrous. I am very sorry to hear that FOD is losing a major source of employment. The economy is in terrible shape. It's not Mesaba's fault in any way shape or form.

1st) Mesaba does not execute "training missed approaches" with passengers on board.
2nd) Mesaba currently doesn't conduct aircraft training without passengers on board. (We did for a bit pre-9/11)
3rd) There are no "training routes" at Mesaba.
4th) All IOE/OE flights are flown with qualified LCA's aboard and passengers. Any missed approach will be executed for a valid reason. NOT, I Repeat NOT for training experience.
5th) You're company doesn't own the airspace, you're attitude is childish. You should also blame all those GA pilots out there for blocking off "your airspace" if you want to live by your logic.

Last edited:
The company I work for has laid off 50% of it's workforce, over 2500 of it's employee's, in a town of 4000. This is serious business, families are doing without, my neighbors are struggling. This is not a game. The airspace you guys waste is needed to move people around so that people can make a living. You may not care about others, but to put it in terms you can understand, imagine your parents losing their income while they were paying for your flight training and pft. If you're lucky, you'll evolve as a human and understand what I'm talking about some day.

Shut up. Dumbass.

cjdriver, you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes the the training department and flight operations at mesaba. Having flown/taught on the SAAB for over 10 years, I feel justified in saying you are making yourself look like an uneducated fool.
Name the Date, Flight Number and Time, of this supposed 1,000/3 missed approach. I'll look it up.

Too many to name

To associate any aircraft shooting practice approaches with the downfall of your company is ludicrous. I am very sorry to hear that FOD is losing a major source of employment. The economy is in terrible shape. It's not Mesaba's fault in any way shape or form.

I'm sure you could care less, until the gov't cut's off your payments for flights to these airports, which are subsidized

1st) Mesaba does not execute "training missed approaches" with passengers on board.
2nd) Mesaba currently doesn't conduct aircraft training without passengers on board. (We did for a bit pre-9/11)
3rd) There are no "training routes" at Mesaba.
4th) All IOE/OE flights are flown with qualified LCA's aboard and passengers. Any missed approach will be executed for a valid reason. NOT, I Repeat NOT for training experience.

I've seen you guys miss at mcw several times with weather way above min's, so you've just confirmed you're incompentent

5th) You're company doesn't own the airspace, you're attitude is childish. You should also blame all those GA pilots out there for blocking off "your airspace" if you want to live by your logic.

No, we don't own the airpsace, and we fly as if we don't. In other words, we are considerate of others' use of it. Keep jerking gear fella's, but don't bother knocking on our door looking for a real job. Oh, and dubya can kma.

It's a free country, everyone is entitled to their opinions, as well as the right to free speech. Go for it.

You might wish to reconsider your supposition that Mesaba, by conducting a missed approach, which the PIC felt was necessary in the situation he or she was in, is responsible for whatever bad is happening in your community.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back