• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Revokes the two NWA Pilots licenses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, can we now say that we are done for a while with all the bitchn' that we "regional" pilots are incompetent, inexperienced, and "unprofessional" after TWO incidents of "MAJOR" screw-ups?
Hopefully the feds will begin to take a closer look at the rest of you all, and bring some down to size. Safe operations are paramount in this business, and this is a wake up call to everyone.

Take a look where folks have actually died over the past few years scooter.

Maybe I'm missing something, but by what authority are they allowed to use the CVR against the pilots for enforcement purposes? There was no accident or incident. The only thing the NTSB has to work off of is a possible inability for a crewmember to be able to perform his duties. Otherwise, it's not even a reportable event, is it? (Looking for my NTSB regs...)

Nothing in the revocation letter indicates that CVR data was used in the investigation to the point of the issuance of the revocation order.

The CVR data will ultimately be used in the criminal trial.

I have no dog in this fight, but this is ridiculous. If you want to start playing this game you will lose. the fact is that there is blood on everyone's hands, so to speak.

Okay, so the last two events that you can think of were at regionals. Granted.

Will you also concede that before that was LIT and MDW, AA587, etc.? Each operated by a major airline?

We could do this all day. The regional airline fleet in the US accounts for just a shade over 50% of airline departures. You all have an equal opportunity to kill people, and likely do so equally. Move on......

Sorry, that doesn't hold water...

Do you think it's OK to violate SOP's when the violation doesn't lead to a disaster?

Is it OK to fly below the MDA on an approach - if there's no terrain in the way and you didn't crash?

Is it OK to say you've got the airport visual when you don't - if there happens to not be any traffic in the area and you don't crash?

Is it OK to take off from a runway without verifying the performance data - because that particular time the runway happened to be long enough and you didn't crash?

FAR's and SOP's are in place not just to avoid disaster but to avoid situations where disaster could occur. I think someone as experienced as yourself should know that it's not enough to just look at the outcome. Once you get yourself in a situation in which the outcome is beyond your control then you're leaving the door open for a disaster to occur...

If you want to use that argument, how about looking at the last few decades? Your move, "scooter".

I hear and understand what you are saying as well. I just think it is sad, that's all. I wish something could have been done without completely ruining them.

Are you really serious? They should have their tickets pulled without question! Not sure what bar your setting but to quote Dennis Miller, " I haven't seen a bar that low since a dwarf's wake".
Enjoy your dementia.

I bet I was asked a dozen times not to fly with my laptop out on this last three day trip. No mercy on this one from me- they're getting what they deserve.

The damage done by these yahoos is irreversible. The NTSB NASA Report will not save their butts because their neglect was a result of deliberate violations....if you believe they weren't asleep.
The truth could've saved these guys, but like so many in todays' culture, they pulled a "Slick Willie" and thought they could skate away.

As for the little guys who think they're operating on the same level of safety:
Statistically, you are twice as likely to die on a regional flight as a major one. And it's not because of substandard equipment.
Sorry but those are facts, sport.
You're flying highly advanced shiney jets that can get away from you faster than girls who find out you still live at home. Maybe someday when you're all growed-up, you'll get a shot to play with the big boys. Until then, keep your head down (just not in your co-pilots lap), lose the 'tude', and for Gods sake take off your sunglasses indoors and remove the eppaulets when you're not at work.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back