• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 closing up shop?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bubba, those boys and girls at AirTran who crossed were not scabs. The people in the lines were predominately scabs, PATCO certainly thought so. And ALPA was so sold out in the 80's that it had no real authority left and could never risk another strike at a major. Neither does SWAPA. But you feel free to test the theory.

Bubba, those boys and girls at AirTran who crossed were not scabs. The people in the lines were predominately scabs, PATCO certainly thought so. And ALPA was so sold out in the 80's that it had no real authority left and could never risk another strike at a major. Neither does SWAPA. But you feel free to test the theory.

Wow, shocker. Once again, Maru is babbling about stuff he knows absolutely nothing about. I never said that anyone ever became a scab while at AirTran. Nobody did. Especially with regard to crossing PATCO's line....mainly since AirTran didn't even exist then. Jesus, dude, pick up a history book once in a while, wouldja'? You'd look less stupid.

In fact, -I- didn't say anyone was a scab; someone else mentioned that AirTran (formerly named ValueJet) was started up with pilots who were primarily scabs from the Eastern strike of '89. All I said was that calling someone a scab, just because they do something that you don't like, is stupid, and a misuse and cheapening of the word. That's why I never actually called you a scab, since, to the best of my knowledge, you never actually crossed a legal strike picket line. You're only a wannabe-scab, since you've bragged that you would cross one. See the difference?--you're still a dickhead; you're just not an actual scab.

At least, not yet.

Bubba

Wow, shocker. Once again, Maru is babbling about stuff he knows absolutely nothing about. I never said that anyone ever became a scab while at AirTran. Nobody did. Especially with regard to crossing PATCO's line....mainly since AirTran didn't even exist then. Jesus, dude, pick up a history book once in a while, wouldja'? You'd look less stupid.

In fact, -I- didn't say anyone was a scab; someone else mentioned that AirTran (formerly named ValueJet) was started up with pilots who were primarily scabs from the Eastern strike of '89. All I said was that calling someone a scab, just because they do something that you don't like, is stupid, and a misuse and cheapening of the word. That's why I never actually called you a scab, since, to the best of my knowledge, you never actually crossed a legal strike picket line. You're only a wannabe-scab, since you've bragged that you would cross one. See the difference?--you're still a dickhead; you're just not an actual scab.

At least, not yet.

Bubba

most of these kids' better part was running down their mom's leg when Eastern struck...but yah loads of Eastern scabs at ValuJet...

Okay, I'm not one of those who thinks F9 is on their way out, but can anyone confirm/deny a rumor I recently heard about F9 being down to 5 gates in DEN by end of this year?

Okay, I'm not one of those who thinks F9 is on their way out, but can anyone confirm/deny a rumor I recently heard about F9 being down to 5 gates in DEN by end of this year?

5 or 7...den is a fast shrinking base. it will never be what it was in the past

SWAPA does not have the balls to strike!

They won't even do informational picketing!

Actually, informational picketing was setup and ready to go, with a friggin' ton of eager volunteers. The response to the Strike Preparedness Committee's call was overwhelming. Then they called it off at the last minute, due to sudden and significant movement by the company toward our position. The union believes that the company is starting to realize that the pilots are serious and united about getting a good contract. Well that, and the fact the the F/As overwhelmingly rejected their TA (nearly 90% voting, with 86% of them voting no). The union now believes that a good TA can be had sooner rather than later, and called off the picketing as a sign of good faith.

However, those volunteer picketers are still on standby, and still ready to go when called, if the negotiating progress doesn't continue.

On the other hand, if you just want to bash SWAPA, then by all means knock yourself out.

Bubba

Actually, informational picketing was setup and ready to go, with a friggin' ton of eager volunteers. The response to the Strike Preparedness Committee's call was overwhelming. Then they called it off at the last minute, due to sudden and significant movement by the company toward our position. The union believes that the company is starting to realize that the pilots are serious and united about getting a good contract. Well that, and the fact the the F/As overwhelmingly rejected their TA (nearly 90% voting, with 86% of them voting no). The union now believes that a good TA can be had sooner rather than later, and called off the picketing as a sign of good faith.

However, those volunteer picketers are still on standby, and still ready to go when called, if the negotiating progress doesn't continue.

On the other hand, if you just want to bash SWAPA, then by all means knock yourself out.

Bubba

How come only some of your pilots are wearing the dark tie ?

To me it show SWAPA. Does Not have unity But what do I know .

Latest resources

Back