• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F18 Down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More name calling and smearing with no facts. You are completely predictable.

There are accidents that are the result of unknown unknowns. We accurately term these occurrences "accidents."

The Marine Corps, however, has termed this an accident that was "completely preventable" and that should not have occurred. This was their conclusion, not mine.

The second engine failed. It was somehow starved of fuel, either through operator error, mechanical failure or a combination of the two. The Marines' have said as much while being as vague as possible.

With respect to the Q400, the last word from investigators is that the airplane was properly configured and operated but it looks like ice aft of the boots caused the CL to shift forward resulting in a 30 degree pitch up and deep stall.

If, however, it looks like it was a crew error you can be sure that they will be eviscerated.

By your logic, we should flame everyone because by default every accident is preventable. You need to get off your high horse and reread the last line of milky's post. If you're too lazy, let me repost for you.

".....you guys run off at the mouth like you know something. Those that know, know you are showing your asses with little clue to reality."

You are the posterchild of this statement. Look at you, you're already throwing out speculation on the Q400 incident from "what you heard". Not to mention "evicerating" a crew that paid the ultimate price, regardless. Wow you ARE an a$$. Crap like that is the epitome of unprofessionalism in our community. Just shut up already, you know about 25% of the story of this accident, the rest is privledged info.

Last edited:
Wow, Both of you are arrogant jacka$$es.

The "kid" was set up to fail?

First of all I don't see anywhere I have criticized the pilot. If this is indeed true (set up for failure) than more heads should roll than have currently been cut. If your statement is true there is a problem with the Marine's training system and with overall discipline.

Sig, you apparently are so angry you can't read. I clearly stated that there were two accident categories and the Marine corps has classified this one as preventable, not me.

As for the Q400 my info is not what I have "heard". My information comes from the official NTSB releases. I actually read the reports while you apparently only know what is kicked around in the ready room. As far as my eviscerated comment, I was referring to what would happen to the crew on these boards and in the media, not any action on my part.

The stupidest part of your post is where you claim that only you have the real info because most if it is "privileged."

First of all the information I am working with is that which has been released from the Marine Corps.

According to them:

"The accident was preventable"
"The accident should not have happened."
"The accident pilot will probably not fly again."

These are their conclusions, not mine.

Second of all the privileged claim is unimpressive and childish. This is usually an indication that those with the information (The people responsible for the crash are the ones investigating the crash and get to decide what information is released.) are embarrassed by the final report. The military has a history of this type of behavior. (REF Bradley Fighting Vehicle)

There was a whiff of this when the Marine Corps attempted to pressure the FAA into not releasing the ATC tapes.

Your basic premise seems to be that only the military has the right to investigate, have access to final conclusions and pass final judgment. All other parties should shut the F up and be grateful that their own stupidity (i.e. living near a military airfield) did not cause their death.

I find it tragic that after you attempt to blame a family for their own deaths because, in your opinion, they were stupid enough to live near a military base:
Would you be surprised? Park your car under a tree and birds are going to sh1t on it.
you can't tolerate any outside (civilian) scrutiny of what is pretty clearly a tragedy with its roots in incompetent operations.

If you were man enough to express these sentiments under your actual signature you would no doubt face disciplinary action. This should tell you something about how stupid your posts are.

In fact I will take care of it for you. I am forwarding your posts to the San Diego Union Tribune with a note to them about how one military pilot feels about both those who have the temerity to question military competence and those who are so incredibly stupid as to live near a military base. You seem to believe they deserved to die.

I hope the JAG office takes an interest in your identity.

Last edited:
The stupidest part of your post is where you claim that only you have the real info because most if it is "privileged."

The JAGMAN is public info, the SIR (which contains the details, reconstruction, analysis, recommendations) is NOT public info. I'm sure you knew that with the GLOBAL SA you seem to carry everywhere.

The JAGMAN is public info, the SIR (which contains the details, reconstruction, analysis, recommendations) is NOT public info. I'm sure you knew that with the GLOBAL SA you seem to carry everywhere.

Witty and pithy. An improvement, I will give you that.

Guys just ignore Ableone he's a bitter guy with a grudge against Military pilots. In another of his post he refers to a USAF pilot that went from Mommy and daddy's house to the USAF and then WN and that he had his hand held Thur his career unlike Ableone.

He's a Victim of the witch hunts guys and still can't get over it. just ignore him and don't say anything about the Clinton Policy because then he's gonna get into a Hissy fit:bawling: and call the Moderators on you. Because were not allowed to make personal attacks even though he Calls people Idiots all the time that don't agree with him and that is considered a Personal Attack under the rules.

Guys just ignore Ableone he's a bitter guy with a grudge against Military pilots. In another of his post he refers to a USAF pilot that went from Mommy and daddy's house to the USAF and then WN and that he had his hand held Thur his career unlike Ableone.

He's a Victim of the witch hunts guys and still can't get over it. just ignore him and don't say anything about the Clinton Policy because then he's gonna get into a Hissy fit:bawling: and call the Moderators on you. Because were not allowed to make personal attacks even though he Calls people Idiots all the time that don't agree with him and that is considered a Personal Attack under the rules.

Another angry post completely devoid of facts or reason.

It was not exclusively a personal attack, however, as popgo included his own pseudo psychological analysis.

Just for the record I have no problem with military pilots. They are just like the civil pilot population; some bad, fair, good and great.

I was taught to fly jets by military pilots and some of my favorite partners in the sky are military or ex military.

Popgoes, there is no reason for me to call you an idiot, as your atrocious syntax, poor grammar and fourth grade writing style speak more eloquently about your intellect than I ever could.

P.S. "Witch hunts"? You are going to have to further explain that one.

(I apologize to any fourth graders who may feel, and rightly so, slighted by my comment.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back