• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F18 Down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The difference is that an F-18's engines are adjacent to each other and an uncontained failure will probably damage the other engine while this failure mode is unlikely in a 737.

We will have to wait for the investigation results. I just hope it is not something stupid like fuel exhaustion.

OMG.......STFU.....uneducated DW!!!

Just freaking wait 30 days!!!!!!!!

Another person...How come they didn't divert him to another airport away from homes.

Why don't you live away from airports? The ignorance of the general public never ceases to amaze me.

* Not you AERO, just these dumba$$es in general.

Well educate me then smartass. Does the -18 have a impenetrable kevlar belt between the engines and accessory bays?

Do you know enough about the design of the hornet to even ask an intelligent question about it? Obviously not. There are two engines. There is no recorded incident of a chunk failure causing one engine to destroy the other engine. I have seen landing gear jammed into both intakes and the jet still make it to land. The jet was designed to got in to battle and sustain damage. But, fail to connect the oil line properly to the engine, and just like any jet, it will stop working pretty quickly.

We will have to wait for the investigation results. I just hope it is not something stupid like fuel exhaustion.

You know, looking back at your original post, I am sorry I even dignified you with a response. You truly are an idiot. You have no idea the mission and training that happens right off the coast. I have nearly had to deal with fuel exhaustion more than once just off the coast of California. There is a HUGE difference between an airline running out of gas and a tactical jet running out of gas. If you knew all the situations we put ourselves into each day that you would consider a serious emergency, you'd keep your stupid mouth shut until you have some clue as to what happened.

Latest resources

Back