ExpressJet Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Koot said:
Well when CAL cuts XJets flying in 07 gives more of it out to its connection carriers. Don't expect other Majors to jump to try and get you guys. Your operating cost is WAAAY to high especially with 250 50 seaters and below. I'm really surprised CAL hasn't cut you more or has made you fly something with more seats.

You obviously associate our superior service and reputation with operating costs. Fact is that we've established our operating costs to remain competative with "the others". Unfortunately, they don't quite offer the service we do and that does count for something these days. Sure, other carriers are pennies cheaper, but we'll see who's doing the flying for CAL by this time next year.

TOOL.. Just a big fu#kin TOOL you are. WAAAAAY big TOOL.

StarChecker said:
You're an ignorant douchebag....:rolleyes:

Have you read XJT's contract? Have you read CHQ's? Have you read Mesa's?

If you have....read them again...except take the d*ck out of your mouth this time.

If you haven't...kindly educate yourself and STFU until you do.

Thanks a bunch

Actually your the ignorant as5wipe. Try looking at something other than the pay rate section. Our contract is FAR AND ABOVE CHQ. Our rates are close but everything else if much higher. AND I HAVE read MESA's contract....and then wiped my a$$ with it. I've only seen highlights of Sh1tty Kitty's though.

The money in our contract is spread around and has a lot of soft time. Hmmmm I just did a PC on days off last week. I got paid 20.4 hours of add pay (read abover gaurantee) because I chose to do it on a day off. SInce this is a vacation month with that pc I'll have only worked 8 days in DEC. Not bad for 95 hours of pay.

BTW CHQ? Hows your trip trading going?

mckpickle said:
Actually your the ignorant as5wipe. Try looking at something other than the pay rate section. Our contract is FAR AND ABOVE CHQ. Our rates are close but everything else if much higher. AND I HAVE read MESA's contract....and then wiped my a$$ with it. I've only seen highlights of Sh1tty Kitty's though.

The money in our contract is spread around and has a lot of soft time. Hmmmm I just did a PC on days off last week. I got paid 20.4 hours of add pay (read abover gaurantee) because I chose to do it on a day off. SInce this is a vacation month with that pc I'll have only worked 8 days in DEC. Not bad for 95 hours of pay.

It's going quite well thanks. Just did one the other day with only about a 24 hour notice prior to the trip beginning.

Whats going to happen over there when CAL and UAL merge? Will all the UAL feeders keep their flying or will expressjet take it?

mckpickle said:

In no way, shape, or form did I say that CHQ's contract was in anyway better than XJT's...did I? It's not. Your pay is slightly better but the other sections are a significant improvement on ours.

My complaint was with being grouped as a "bottom-feeder" by someone who clearly had not read any of these contracts. I have read them. If you can read all of these contracts and still group CHQ and Mesa together....then you haven't read them well.

Thanks for reading...and by the way...it's "you're"...not "your".

Last edited:
Hey Starchecker, I think you and I used to work together. Were you a floater out of Columbus in 2003? If you were, send me a PM.

box

Back to the original question - Jamie in HR told us in yesterday's interview group that upgrades were running 3-3.5 years, and would probably climb closer to 4 for those hired a few months after now.

FYI, most of the pilots hired from the morning group yesterday were placed in the Jan 16th class. Since I was one of the last to get called to the HR room, the 16th class was already full when they offered me the job, so I'm in the pool now and she said that means I'll be in the Feb 13 class. I'm hoping some space will open up and they'll get me in Jan 16 after all, but mostly I'm just stoked to be in the door.

I wasn't given any training materials, etc. like the Jan 16th guys were (and the girl - hi, Heather). Is any of that stuff out there on the web? What about the contract or just a comprehensive list of benefits, etc? Don't know why the company doesn't just post that stuff on their web site like some others. I know most of the general highlights, but I'd like to pour over the details a little while I wait and also get a head start on the training. Any help is appreciated.

Oh, also fyi - no more interviews till after the first, so if the phone doesn't ring right away, don't give up.

RP170 said:
Just did one the other day with only about a 24 hour notice prior to the trip beginning.

That's almost like the 12 trades I made 15 days before the bid period started (basically built my own schedule out of our open time Flea Market) and then the three I made within 18 hours of trip origination.

That 100 hours of pay with 67 hours of flying and all weekends off is gonna kick my a$$!!! Luckily I've got 16 days off to recuperate. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back