ExpressJet Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
want2fly said:
how did you fly 67 hrs and get 100 hrs of pay? are you in a vacation month?

pt1. Flown by ops would be guess...meaning The capt he is assigned to fly with is doing a lot of OE.

pt2. Vacation months usually yield only guarantee unless you absolutely love flying during your VAC. YNK

RP170 said:
It's going quite well thanks. Just did one the other day with only about a 24 hour notice prior to the trip beginning.

Ours can be done up to 18 hours....

Paul R. Smith said:
pt1. Flown by ops would be guess...meaning The capt he is assigned to fly with is doing a lot of OE.

pt2. Vacation months usually yield only guarantee unless you absolutely love flying during your VAC. YNK

Captain X is a fairly senior Captain...so no, he didn't yield that kind of credit time by being FBO'd. There are a lot of ways to generate high credit numbers and soft time numbers. I consistently credit 100-110 hours per month but never fly anywhere near that amount. I've even had 100 hours of pay in a vacation month but still have 17 days off straight.

-Neal

SpatialD said:
My buddy interviewed yesterday and was hired and was told the same thing. Congrats on the Job. Call them and let them know that you want to start sooner if someone doesnt show up for class or calls and cancels. I did that and got in a class early which bumped me up 32 people.

BluDevAv8r said:
Captain X is a fairly senior Captain...so no, he didn't yield that kind of credit time by being FBO'd. There are a lot of ways to generate high credit numbers and soft time numbers. I consistently credit 100-110 hours per month but never fly anywhere near that amount. I've even had 100 hours of pay in a vacation month but still have 17 days off straight.

-Neal

I can see how you could credit 100 in a vacation month. The only other ways i can think of for a captain to get paid for time that they didnt fly is picking up a trip on days off for 3.75 or deadheading. Is there something else I'm forgeting?

Captain X said:
That's almost like the 12 trades I made 15 days before the bid period started (basically built my own schedule out of our open time Flea Market) and then the three I made within 18 hours of trip origination.

That 100 hours of pay with 67 hours of flying and all weekends off is gonna kick my a$$!!! Luckily I've got 16 days off to recuperate. ;)

Wow congrats! Ladies and gentleman you are witnessing the world's most skillful trip trader.

Last edited:
RP170 said:
Wow congrats! Ladies and gentleman you are witnessing the world's most skillful trip trader. What a stud.

Is that the best you could do? I think someone is jealous. Its okay, your airplane still looks cool just like a little Airbus. :rolleyes:

Do any of you guys have an idea for how long Express plans to continue hiring in 2006? Any chance they will still be interviewing in February or March? Thanks guys.

Superpilot92 said:
SpatialD said:
My buddy interviewed yesterday and was hired and was told the same thing. Congrats on the Job. Call them and let them know that you want to start sooner if someone doesnt show up for class or calls and cancels. I did that and got in a class early which bumped me up 32 people.

I also interviewed yesterday, Dec 13th. I got the Jan 16th class. I need a job since I am currently furloughed, and I was amazed at the interview process and how it seemd it was mine to screw up. I didn't. I am sure anywhere I go, there are good and bad. Starting over at the bottom? I was at the bottom at Independence Air before I got the heave-ho, so I am used to it. I am sure I won't get treated the way I was treated at FLYI. I am looking forward to starting at EXJ. I already got flash cards and studying the flows from the book they gave me. I hope I can get used to the bicycle handle yoke.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back