• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet Pilots Reach Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great Job Neal S., its the same dozen or so guys trolling the crackpipe, the new/free crackpipe and this site. They really need to find hobbies. And Lofgren (turbo), I admire your balls to tell it the way you see it, I agree with YOU. and the douche-bag Hagen, feels the need to run out and look for a guys name on a bid packet and throw his name on a public webpage because he's upset, (stereotypical twerp four-eyed dweeb hiding behind his computer screen)

Jetlink,

Thank you very much. I thought I recognized his MO in some of your language but wanted to be sure.

Good luck.

surplus1 said:
Jetlink,

Thank you very much. I thought I recognized his MO in some of your language but wanted to be sure.

Good luck.
What MO is that and can you provide a language reference for me? I'm just curious what you think was "his" writing or "MO." Thanks!

-Neal

Time2Spare said:
Whatever....I'm voting a big fat YES to this TA and I'm going to do everything in my power to convince everyone I know to do the same. This is great news for our pilot group and congratulations to our NC, and especially Neal Schwartz, for their tireless hard word.

EVERYONE VOTE YES!!!

Steve L.
IAH FO
Steve, are you serious? Come on man, I hope this is a joke.

If you take contract 97' payrates and extend them to current day, it is the exact same rates offered on this TA! What no raise? In addition I do not believe will will ever see much profit sharing, if any. If the company wants to give us above Comair rates, do it in hard cash. This whole thing just looks shady to me. I can't believe some of you guys don't even want a raise. This is truly sad. Do you have no pride in yourself? Do you believe your hard work deserves no reward? I will go to the road show to get a better understanding of this whole thing. But my vote is already decided. NO!

Rattler is right. C '97 gave 3% per year raises. Apply that to 5th year captain out to 2007 and you get 69.34. The new rate is $69.43. WOW! Two years for an extra 9 cents. That's great. We do get profit sharing though, but only for a month this year. When they took it away it '98, pilots had to give up 18 months worth, why not give us profit sharing back to amendable date? Besides, that income is not guaranteed. So, where are the improvements? They act like they are doing us a favor by giving us a 4 year deal instead of 5. Well, the previous one was 5 and it went back to amendable date. I vote for the same thing now. Instead we essentially give the company 6 years. Isn't that rewarding them for dragging this out?

Oh, but the economic conditions are to blame. Well, in '98 oil was a record low $10 per barrel. They made money off of us then and they can't pay us now? Sorry, I don't buy it. Have to vote no.

I did a hourly rate comparision posted at http://www.expressjetpilots.com/viewtopic.php?t=285.

Here's the basic summary. We get profit sharing. Most likely that profit sharing will just stop paying. Same thing happened 2 contract cycles prior in C95, the profit sharing checks were literally paying out in cents.

We have a provision in this TA that states, if the company CANCELS profit sharing we'll get a 3% raise to all payrates accross the board. Of course, most likely, it will just stop paying anything significant and not be canceled, so we'll be screwed. Regardless, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and added that 3% to all our wages. Even after adding 3% to the entire XJT TA payscale this is the result:

XJT FO's will be paid on average 10.74% less than Comair FO's of the same longevity.

XJT CA's will be paid on average 8.49% less than Comair CA's of the same longevity.

rattler said:
Steve, are you serious? Come on man, I hope this is a joke.

If you take contract 97' payrates and extend them to current day, it is the exact same rates offered on this TA! What no raise? In addition I do not believe will will ever see much profit sharing, if any. If the company wants to give us above Comair rates, do it in hard cash. This whole thing just looks shady to me. I can't believe some of you guys don't even want a raise. This is truly sad. Do you have no pride in yourself? Do you believe your hard work deserves no reward? I will go to the road show to get a better understanding of this whole thing. But my vote is already decided. NO!
Rattler,

Yes, I'm totally serious. And no, I don't believe hard work deserves no reward...do me and yourself a favor, Rattler, go to the union roadshow. There's no smoke and mirrors, no hard sell, no tricks. At the end of the day, we will be better compensated than Comair, with better QOL and having a better company at the end of the day. If after attending the roadshow, you still want to vote no, then I respect your decision.

I promise you, however, that just looking at the pay rates and voting no is a truly misinformed decision that you'll regret in the long term. No, I'm not a secret member of the NC, nor am I a company symphathist. All I'm saying is that there's a lot more to know about the TA than what you think you can decipher just be looking at the rates.

Steve

Time2Spare said:
Rattler,

Yes, I'm totally serious. And no, I don't believe hard work deserves no reward...do me and yourself a favor, Rattler, go to the union roadshow. There's no smoke and mirrors, no hard sell, no tricks. At the end of the day, we will be better compensated than Comair, with better QOL and having a better company at the end of the day. If after attending the roadshow, you still want to vote no, then I respect your decision.

I promise you, however, that just looking at the pay rates and voting no is a truly misinformed decision that you'll regret in the long term. No, I'm not a secret member of the NC, nor am I a company symphathist. All I'm saying is that there's a lot more to know about the TA than what you think you can decipher just be looking at the rates.

Steve
guaranteed RATES is what pays our bills, not all this other shady stuff we can't count on.

BluDevAv8r said:
What MO is that and can you provide a language reference for me? I'm just curious what you think was "his" writing or "MO." Thanks!

-Neal
No, I'm not saying it was "his" language. He usually doesn't write language by himself but does it with the union's negotiators. Just the general style seemed like he had a hand in it; nothing specific.

I happen to know him personally. Just a coincidence.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back