• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet Pilots Reach Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My friends at other airlines who have signed deals (or taken concessions) in the last couple years have all told me that everyone likes to talk but end up caving in the end. I can see it's the same thing here. Everyone was crying for $100/hr....okay, that's too much....$85/hr....no, how about industry leading! Well, people are right. This isn't even industry leading and everyone is talking about how great it is. I think it's true some guys COULD make more on their W-2 if profit sharing is actually 7 - 9% a year. I think they also factor in retirement improvements...which are great, but don't help me feed a family right now. Work rules increase pay about 2 - 4% a month.
That doesn't help me overlook the negatives. 2nd year FO is $32 - terrible. Min day is 2 hours - a joke. Oh, but you get min 12 days off. There aren't any lines out there right now with less, but we have it just in case. (okay there are a handful, but all more that 95 hrs which won't be allowed anyhow - even though you need those hours to survive with these pay rates) They'll tell you that the best case scenario if this is voted down would be a 6 month - 1 year recess and then a strike is still very unlikely to happen. So, it sounds like we'll just take our small improvements and run. Hey - college degree and all that flight training to make less than $40,000 a year? Sounds GREAT to me.

I can't live on profit sharing... I would galdly give up profit sharing and min 12 days off for Comair + 2%

Don't for get about the FO's

FF

100/hour/5y said:
I can't live on profit sharing... I would galdly give up profit sharing and min 12 days off for Comair + 2%

Don't for get about the FO's

FF
Agreed. If my wife needs her car repaired or I want a new computer in August, do I have to wait until I get my big $2k profit sharing check in January? Come on guys. Don't be fooled my market patterns or other carriers. We've waited to long for this bull.

VOTE NO on this TA. You will only be rewarded for your additional patience.

surplus1 said:
I have not read the full text of your TA (I would like to very much if there was a way that I could) however, the parts that I have read do not appear to me to be "industry leading" nor does it appear that they would in fact produce the "highest W2". I wish that you could somehow point out how you came to that conclusion.
D.D.,

Please email me at [email protected] and I will be happy provide you with a copy of our TA as well as our 27-page contract summary (and speak to you on the phone about it as well).

Neal Schwartz
XJT NC Chairman

Undecided

My decision was definately no, until I went to the roadshow. Just did a little math myself and came up with our 2nd year/fo payscale being about 60 cents an hour less then SkyWest's. Of course that is with profit sharing and leg to leg add on the there. But the better work rules we got and the scope I think more than make up for it.

Christian

Last edited:
JetLinkin Park said:
VOTE NO on this TA. You will only be rewarded for your additional patience.
And your crystal ball says exactly what we will be 'rewarded" with?
My vote will be YES.

From the sounds of it most of the Yes votes are coming out of IAH with them dropping off as you move NE through the system. And XJet folks complained about the IAH pilots at CAL?

Nova said:
From the sounds of it most of the Yes votes are coming out of IAH with them dropping off as you move NE through the system. And XJet folks complained about the IAH pilots at CAL?
I think that is a bullsh!t observation and I'm EWR based. Amazing how people try to hang on to sterotypes from the last contract and try to believe all the koolaid drinkers are in IAH. The most activism in the union I've seen has not been the legendary EWR, but IAH. In my experience the most koolaid drinkers are in CLE.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back