• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet Pilots Reach Tentative Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can an observation be bull@#$ as you put it? I've met IAH crews and they say Yes, I've met CLE and EWR crews and they say No, that is my observation.

As for union activism, I believe that CLE drew the largest percentage of pilots during each of our events this summer.

Britpilot said:
And your crystal ball says exactly what we will be 'rewarded" with?
My vote will be YES.
That's fine with me Brit. I will vote for myself and you do the same. I'm not spinning any information here. I merely said that getting profit sharing in January won't help me pay bills in August. My wife agrees.

Turn off the font size my man.

BluDevAv8r said:
Please email me at [email protected] and I will be happy provide you with a copy of our TA as well as our 27-page contract summary (and speak to you on the phone about it as well).

Neal Schwartz
XJT NC Chairman
Thank you very much for your offer Neal. Someone already sent me a copy of the TA. What I received, included many "sections" where there was verry little language or just a statment incorporating that section of the existing contract. None of the LOA's or other letters were included.

I'm not sure if that is becasue that language is not yet fully developed or if the document I got includes only the changes to the current Agreement, i.e., the "new" language. Perhaps you will be able to help me with that.

I can't make comparisons without seeing the whole thing. I will send you a PM with an email address where you can send it to me if you wish. I'm also happy to speak with you if you have the time. I know you must be very busy right now and don't want to waste your valuable time chatting with an interested party who is not a part of the process.

Candidly, I am also very concerned that I might say something that could be interpreted as an opinion on how you should vote. I do not wish to influence the vote one way or the other, but I do want to determine for myslef whether or not I can see your TA as "industry leading" and how that conclusion was reached.

The reason I am intersted and concerned about your TA is because I know that it will indirectly affect my airline. It will also affect current negotiations at ASA, which in turn affects us. Naturally, I am hoping that effect will be positive but I understand fully that you must do what you believe is best for you.

As I am certain you know my group is facing increasing concessionary pressures. The principal source of those pressures is not the profitability of my company. It is the concessions made at other carriers where there was no real need, and the new contracts being negotiated or signed. It recent times, neither of those could be described as encouraging. I am hoping that your new Agreement will not fall into that category as well.

Thanks again for your generous offer. Look for my PM later today.

Surplus1

Nova said:
How can an observation be bull@#$ as you put it? I've met IAH crews and they say Yes, I've met CLE and EWR crews and they say No, that is my observation.

As for union activism, I believe that CLE drew the largest percentage of pilots during each of our events this summer.
So do you ask each of these crews where they are based as you ask them what they think of the contract? I highly doubt you have taken specific data from each person or even asked enough people to justify making a broad claim over 1800+ pilots. As for the geography claim, what the h*ll does that mean? So are guys that live in MSP and Florida undecided then since they don't fall in the yes/no movement across the system. Based on the fact most are based in IAH that means you would of had to recieve ALOT of 'yeas' from IAH pilots in order to pin the yes voters on that base.

It has always ticked me off the way many at this company try to categorize an individual's behavior based on their base. You have come out plainly against this TA and I think all you're doing is setting up the blame in case the TA passes. You can then say 'It was because of Houston', which others then pass on as 'those d!ckheads in IAH are just like the scabs at CAL.' That is why I think making a catty remark about the IAH CAL scabs is ill advised and stupid in my opinon. I do not think there is a place for these 'observations' until you have the specific breakdown by base of the final TA vote.

This thing is going to cause enough emotion at the office over the next month without people starting up the old game of base vs base. Until this thing gets settled let us keep the flamethrowing bottled up. Once it's decided, well do whatever you want. Who knows we all might regret voting NO in months time?

Signed,
Favoring NO

Last edited:
Nova said:
From the sounds of it most of the Yes votes are coming out of IAH with them dropping off as you move NE through the system. And XJet folks complained about the IAH pilots at CAL?
EWR based voting yes.
Sorry to spoil your unoffical poll.

Britpilot said:
But I like the font size, it has panache and verve, just like me
Fair enough. BTW, I see you're a check airman (or so your sig mentions). I think I'd be voting yes to if I was making around 70-80 hr. (includes over-ride) and was about to swallow a very large retro check.

As for myself (and a lot of other FO's), I'm pullin down and entire $27/hr @ min. guarantee on reserve. Oh yeah, don't forget my $200 a month in per diem. As for retro, well that 2 + years I spent on the street pretty much answers that one. So what am I getting by voting yes........ not much.

SO MUCH FOR NOT LEAVING FO'S BEHIND.

JetLinkin Park said:
Fair enough. BTW, I see you're a check airman (or so your sig mentions). I think I'd be voting yes to if I was making around 70-80 hr. (includes over-ride) and was about to swallow a very large retro check.

As for myself (and a lot of other FO's), I'm pullin down and entire $27/hr @ min. guarantee on reserve. Oh yeah, don't forget my $200 a month in per diem. As for retro, well that 2 + years I spent on the street pretty much answers that one. So what am I getting by voting yes........ not much.

SO MUCH FOR NOT LEAVING FO'S BEHIND.
Yes I am a check airman.
I only get over ride when I am flying as a check airman.
I was a Beech FO in '98 , a Beech CA until '01 so I know all about low pay as you are earning more now than I did as a Beech CA in '01. I'm sorry that I am senior to you, that is just a fact of life.
I don't even know what I will see for a retro check yet. I am looking at the whole contract and I see a lot of stuff in there that I like. I really don't see where the FO,s are being left behind.

Latest resources

Back