Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet and the mystery 69 airplanes!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We will never let that happen.

We? What we new guy? You know nothing of CAL, its history and the poor showing the pilots at CAL have had virtually their entire history. You may be on the senority list but you have much to learn. I was flying that brand and attenting union meetings with scabs before you upgraded at ASA I would imagine. You will see. They have a capacity for caving and infighting that is simply without equal in our business.

Maybe for an FO, but if you look at what a 10 yr CA at NetJets makes, comparing an XJ with a Falcon, that is around 167,000. No why in hell Express is going to pay us that much for us. So yes, I hate to say it, but if we start this corporate thing, NetJets will be pissed b/c we are lowering the bar. Just look at their pay scale on airlinepilotcentral.com

I agree...I would be very surprised for us to have a CA pay scale that compares to that. I doubt we will be big enough to really be of any threat to NetJets though.

I agree...I would be very surprised for us to have a CA pay scale that compares to that. I doubt we will be big enough to really be of any threat to NetJets though.

There have been a lot of references to NetJets and their related pay on this thread. My impression of the web site this is going to be a carter operation, not a fractional. Are they actually planning on selling shares of aircraft to owners (like NJ, CS, Flex) or is this going to be more of a 135 business? It seems that it would be a better plan to go after sports charter and corporate shuttle customers. Oh, and I agree with the previous posts, that site needs some work.

There have been a lot of references to NetJets and their related pay on this thread. My impression of the web site this is going to be a carter operation, not a fractional. Are they actually planning on selling shares of aircraft to owners (like NJ, CS, Flex) or is this going to be more of a 135 business? It seems that it would be a better plan to go after sports charter and corporate shuttle customers. Oh, and I agree with the previous posts, that site needs some work.

I prefer not to chime in on what we may or may not due because it is frakly unknowable at this point. I would point out however that XJT already does some sports charters (far basketball of all things) and has been doing this kind of work for a while now.

Bottom line, old game, just a new story line.

The only thing that kept us, at XJT, immune to all these problems in our industry was the fact that we have a CPA agreement with CAL that guaranteed us a certain amount of capacity through 2007. Story over! CAn we end this thread.

It will not be a fractional operation. A fractional operation requires that they sell actual shares of actual aircraft to actual customers. This is VERY likely to piss off the actual owners of said aircraft - which are not ExpressJet.

Their problem - that people refuse to face, is that they are paying ludicrous lease rates for these planes to CAL - they could use them to ferry drugs and probably still not be able to make a profit flying the planes.

Their problem - that people refuse to face, is that they are paying ludicrous lease rates for these planes to CAL - they could use them to ferry drugs and probably still not be able to make a profit flying the planes.

This is simply not true.

Latest resources

Back