Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever get Turned or Slowed for The "Love Machine"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You've been wronged.

You should call the government immediately and complain.

NO, no...it was all my fault!
About a year ago, had Elsey following us on the downwind and he asked to cut the corner in front of us to make "the short approach".
Stunned silence, followed by the tower decline. I could tell the FO was feeling pressured by the heffer crawling up our butt, so I told him to take it slow.
Ya' know, Vref all the way around with a ten mile pattern just to be sure we got it right.

Last edited:
You have a point to your candyass comment?

Safety counts....as much as you try to deny it....it's an issue!

Sorry brother, but I've flown for an alpa carrier- you know full well that there are legions of legacy pilots who've played the safety card to pad their checks or piss off the company that they actually believe it would be unsafe to use your abilities to get the job done. Many of you don't even recognize the difference between a real safety issue and your habit of slowing down for your own benefit-

I hate to break it to you- but our unions lose credibility when that's done- and it really does hurt us.

For all the complaints of this career being dumbed down to the LCD- the safety card mentality is where it starts...

Is that a good enough 'point' for you?

But you just keep doing what you're doing -

One of my neighbors used to be a controller, and he told me the aircraft with the performance that is least like the other aircraft he is working will be the one to get turned or delayed. It's just that simple.

So, when you and your neighbor are comparing two objects, say an apple and an orange, which one is least like the other? Inquiring minds want to know.

This is ridiculous. At one time or another every airline has been turned or slowed for some other airline. It happens. I know that SWA airplanes have been turned or slowed to accomodate some other airline. If it's going to be a tie though, the nod will usually go to SWA because they get it done quicker whereas some of the RJs are required by their FOM to be fully configured at the marker and other guys just love telling contollers "unable", so controllers finally quit even asking and make their own decision. Everyone remembers when they got turned or slowed due to SWA or by some other airline but no one remembers when they were sometimes the winner and the other guy got slowed or turned and sometimes the other guy was even a SWA airplane.

Bull...sh@t

This thread is awesome! So............you'ver never been sequenced for any other airline but LUV?

I must admit, I like being part of a group that causes so much discussion and debate. SWA ruined the airline business; SWA is PFT; SWA has ugly airplanes (sacrilege); SWA's FA's talk, sing, and rap too much; SWA is the originator of the term "Blitz" to refer to its boarding process; Jake the Bachelor ruined my life and SWA hired him; oh, and I almost forgot, they sat in on Republic's arbitration - those bast*rds.

Carry on. At least you guys can go to Canada and Mexico. We're told by management that our aircraft will break apart as soon as you cross the border. With the only exception being in the vicinity of BUF, ELP, and SAN.

This thread is awesome! So............you'ver never been sequenced for any other airline but LUV?

I must admit, I like being part of a group that causes so much discussion and debate. SWA ruined the airline business; SWA is PFT; SWA has ugly airplanes (sacrilege); SWA's FA's talk, sing, and rap too much; SWA is the originator of the term "Blitz" to refer to its boarding process; Jake the Bachelor ruined my life and SWA hired him; oh, and I almost forgot, they sat in on Republic's arbitration - those bast*rds.

Carry on. At least you guys can go to Canada and Mexico. We're told by management that our aircraft will break apart as soon as you cross the border. With the only exception being in the vicinity of BUF, ELP, and SAN.

Not bad except you forgot to mention that riding SWA is about like riding a Greyhound Bus

Rajflyboy, Aircal pilots and flight attendants took the controllers to golf tournaments, one day the pilots played golf and the flight attendants in their sexy outfits brought the beer cart over to make sure everybody was happy, the next day they switched so the pilots served the cold beers and the flight attendants golfed. Screw the donuts, we got direct anywhere.

It's happened to me a couple of times going into STL. One time, after being slowed from .80 to .76 (to match the speed of the traffic) and turned off the arrival, I asked the KC controller "is that our traffic at 5 o'clock?" It was.

I figure it's because so many former TWA pilots are now flying like AA pilots going into STL and not keeping their speed up in the descent.

TC

Latest resources

Back