Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever get Turned or Slowed for The "Love Machine"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sadly enough I can't do 200 to the marker in the 190. Our POI has decided we are children and so even in VMC we gotta be stabilized at 1000 feet. Plus, no boards below 180 knots or above Flaps 1... 170-180 to the marker is all you're gonna get.

Sadly enough I can't do 200 to the marker in the 190. Our POI has decided we are children and so even in VMC we gotta be stabilized at 1000 feet. Plus, no boards below 180 knots or above Flaps 1... 170-180 to the marker is all you're gonna get.

180 ish isnt horrible

I notice the 170's and 190's are a horrible ride in turbulence on approach. Faster = better for paying pax. Auto Throttles on those things are the worst in the business. Can't keep a damn speed worth a sh*t. Get slow... add a ton of power....then reduce power.... get too slow....add a ton of power. Its like a damn boat in high swells if there is any winds

I'm not impressed as a passenger on those things

Not to bang on your plane or anything

Last edited:
No worries, I agree the autothrottles suck. I turn them off as soon as I kill George because they can't keep up with handflying at all; they lag severely and although the fly-by-wire compensates for thrust changes it's a tad slow as well (think pitch oscillations). The autothrottles will happily work through a 10-15 percent N1 range for 2 knots of airspeed change, then allow the jet to unspool and get 3-4 knots slow before correcting. Anyone else taught to fly a jet that way? Didn't think so.

I'm glad the airplane is on JetBlue property because I generally enjoy working here and am thankful it's not JetBlue Express operated by Republic. But I'd much rather be flying the bus...

I won. I work for a good company and I didn't have to buy a type rating to get hired!

I won too cuz, just like Gup, I work for the same great company, but I didn't "have to buy" my type rating.

Silly boy...did you really think one "had to buy" a type to work at SWA? Really ????

No worries, I agree the autothrottles suck. I turn them off as soon as I kill George because they can't keep up with handflying at all; they lag severely and although the fly-by-wire compensates for thrust changes it's a tad slow as well (think pitch oscillations). The autothrottles will happily work through a 10-15 percent N1 range for 2 knots of airspeed change, then allow the jet to unspool and get 3-4 knots slow before correcting. Anyone else taught to fly a jet that way? Didn't think so.

I'm glad the airplane is on JetBlue property because I generally enjoy working here and am thankful it's not JetBlue Express operated by Republic. But I'd much rather be flying the bus...

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you know how to "Fly" and not "drive". I haven't road on JetBlue EMB's as of yet. I'm surprised how poorly some of the pilots fly this thing down the approach on the carriers I have rode on.

The tax payers bought my type for me and I've been known to come up initial at 540+ when controllers clear us to - I think they like it.....Must be why they like working with SWA.

Yeah, I'll put a steak from Wall Street in MAF up against a piece of galley leather any day.

Well I'd prefer a nice medium rare ribeye from Eddy V's in Austin as well but I've been pleasantly surprised at the new menu choices on the 757 and 767 this year. And out in the Pacific on the 767-400 out of Guam and Japan, the menu is set for crews but always spicy and tasty. The Guam based FA's will cook and bring things to heat up on the NRT day trips. They always offer us their homeade treats on top of our crew meals. But I know, I'm just a lowly FO who doesn't make $200 and hour and doesn't get to enjoy power layovers of 12-16 hours where a mad dash to a steak place to throw my money around and suck a few drinks down before I bump up against the 8 hour rule.......my life sucks.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back