Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever get Turned or Slowed for The "Love Machine"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At LAX:
LA Ground Alaska XXX clear 24L at AA.
Controller: Alaska XXX taxi E, hold short Y
(LUV is still on short final)

I dont care except when trying to make a tight commute home.

Don't you hate it when the controller turns you out of the way or slows you down so that the SWA Love Machine can come blowing right by you?

The worst is actually on the ground when you are stopped so that SWA can blast in front of you (I most often see this in Nashville).

Now... What can we do about this? Call our congressman? It seems like discrimination to me!

I hate it more when the guy next to me throws a tantrum about it.

Don't think I've been passed by a 737 in the air. If they want to pass us on the ground, more power to them. I'll see them later on the airway above us doing .77 while I'm enjoying a steak at .83 and passing right below them on my way to a nice layover in a city far far away in a galaxy known as.......okay I'm losing it... I'm starting to sound like GeneralLee

I had a steak in MAF last weekend at .00.
Mmmmmmmmmm, beef.

Dont you hate it when you here "Cactus" on the radio and it sounds like the man is tied to an IV sounding like he just came out of the retirement home and smoking about 17 packs of Cigs a day and someone shot his dog who will gladly get in everyones way? Or what about a guy that ask 17 times for a windcheck when the winds are calm (guess what airline...) im just saying........

Hold on if it sounds like he came out of a retirement home it must be one of the many old geezers from netjets on the radio! Wondering if some of the 70 year olds will try to make it to 80?

I hate it more when the guy next to me throws a tantrum about it.

^^^^^THIS!!! +1000

I really, really hate listening to the Mary on PMS who has to get into it with the controller about it.

As someone else mentioned earlier, these days it's not so much the doughnuts and whiskey, but more about not having the rep that "Unable" is your carrier's favorite response to ATC.

Every Jet and just about every Turboprop can do 200 or More to the Outer Marker.

Some of these guys do ride the final way too slow. I hate putting along at 120 knots 7 miles out on a clear day and still catching the guy in front of me. Its a waste of time!

Latest resources

Back