ERJ XJT PBS Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mckpickle

As a reminder we enjoy talking with our pilots. Anyone who has any questions regarding PBS and our research therein should feel free to email us at [email protected] and we will return your email or discuss the topics on the phone.

Steve McKnight
XJT Scheduling Committee Chairman

As a reminder we enjoy talking with our pilots. Anyone who has any questions regarding PBS and our research therein should feel free to email us at [email protected] and we will return your email or discuss the topics on the phone.

Steve McKnight
XJT Scheduling Committee Chairman

How about you put the rumors to rest regarding the other thread first and stop this 3rd grade charade.

How about you put the rumors to rest regarding the other thread first and stop this 3rd grade charade.

Well I've signed my name and you have not so I'm not sure what "charade you are refering to.
I legally cannot participate in the other thread. I was offering the pilots of ExpressJet an avenue to discuss the technical issues in person, and not through an online forum without accountability.

So you are the turd effing this all up, then.. Swing your junk somewhere else, Mcknight. No one wants a globalized system.

Last edited:
Just to be contrary, the XJET MEC has to reinvent the wheel on PBS and go opposition to the system ASA carefully selected and the overwhelming majority approves of. Every company (CAL) that is against their PBS is against it because of Gobalization, yet they want to push one that includes it. My guess is because that system most mirrors the ILIW stuff XJet has used.

So you are the turd effing this all up, then.. Swing your junk somewhere else, Mcknight. No one wants a globalized system.

You talk an awful big game when you're on an anonymous web board, yet this guy at least comes on here and posts his real name trying to put out pertinent information. Our MEC (ASA) likes to do things with MOU's and LOA's behind closed doors without pilot group input so it's refreshing to see the XJT MEC try to solicit pilot opinion.

Our current contract language is proof enough that I think I want XJT MEC taking the lead on our JCBA. At least that way every section won't end in "all of the preceding is subject to needs of the company," or some other gaping loophole that the company can drive an 18 wheeler through.

Not sure what globalization is, but PBS is great at XJT(ASA)! I'll be honest, I voted against it initially because of the pairing construction language and because I thought like a lot of the XJT guys do now. I am 100% in favor of our system as long as we keep vacation low and the pairing construction language gets better. Line bidding has nothing on our PBS! Yes your vacation setup is nice, but I guarantee you'll get more total days off with PBS. Doing my taxes I had to add up all of the days I worked last year. 157!! Thats all! Now I am liberal with my sick time usage, but 157 days of work and I made just a little over 90K on 7/8 year pay. Thats the best part time job I've ever had. That also includes training events. In case your wondering, thats 208 days off.

Thanks for putting your info on here but not only no to a globalized system but hell no man, seriously lets not reinvent the wheel on the JCBA. PBS is a small part espically since we have one of the top PBS systems, not the best but why not improve ours and work on other areas other than blow everything on this dumb azz PBS fight

Nice, one thing is for sure this surprising tone of some ASA folks has made us XJT/ERJ pilots much more open to hear what our MEC/union volunteers have to say, especially as they have studied the topic and produced a document with some facts in it.

Many of us tended to be vehemently against any PBS system at all but that's been changing. Since it seems the ASA side has not been able to coherently express the reasons why the ERJ side's PBS proposals are not beneficial to the merged pilot group we're tending towards our MEC's info. (and I don't mean in a forum post but an official union-sanctioned study that we can all read).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back