• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates Posts $1.6 Billion Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another uneducated comment! You are full of them! Your company doesn't even pay commuter pilots a living wage and you are here preaching, now thats funny! uba757

post 9/11 wages are better than your wages with the arabs and your great living environment.....

post 9/11 wages are better than your wages with the arabs and your great living environment.....

are you sure? first year pay is around 165k when you include all the allowances and this last profit share. Just flew with a ca who has been here 8 years. When he added up all his schooling, retirement, housing allowance, profit share, basic salary, etc he was at 268k....How much do you have to gross in the stateside to net 165 or 268? I'm guessing you are below that number.

Notice how he has to bold all his posts to bolster weak, nonsensical arguments.

What do you have in your mouth?.......just wondering.

and no bold letters if that makes you happy....

Emirates pilots, lovers, supporters...good for you, Local Airlines and living in the US is a lot better that the desert...dont lie to yourselves...

Done with Emirates or Qatar or Etihad or whichever other Airline.....

are you sure? first year pay is around 165k when you include all the allowances and this last profit share. Just flew with a ca who has been here 8 years. When he added up all his schooling, retirement, housing allowance, profit share, basic salary, etc he was at 268k....How much do you have to gross in the stateside to net 165 or 268? I'm guessing you are below that number.

Thats great,

What do you have in your mouth?.......just wondering.

and no bold letters if that makes you happy....

Emirates pilots, lovers, supporters...good for you, Local Airlines and living in the US is a lot better that the desert...dont lie to yourselves...

Done with Emirates or Qatar or Etihad or whichever other Airline.....

So stop posting on this thread! You invited yourself and posted lies and misinformation, no one asked for your opinion and all you have done is show that your are a bitter, misinformed and uneducated person. I hope you follow through with your last post and stop posting on this thread! Have a nice day!

uba757

I dont hate the airline, i think they have the upper hand by getting cheap fuel and public register available.
Not Usair and never in the desert..........not enough money for me to go in the desert with those people....
I am glad you like the desert....

A320 Captain but not for USAPA and thank God I have never been laid off...not yet I better say.....so no desert for me. I dont like their Uniforms

Well bud, I worked for Aloha, and thought I had it made. I truly hope you never find yourself in my situation back then.

No, I don't necessarily like the desert. I do like the money and this job has opened my eyes to many new things. One of those things was the compensation injustice IN THE US when it comes to pilots. Yet sadly, it is widely accepted back home.

See, Emirates and other airlines in the region pay the going rate for fuel, despite popular misconceptions, but they don't have non-skilled labor making skilled-labor wages. Skilled labor is paid well, non-skilled, well, not really... I dont care how many years you've been throwing bags, that's a non-skilled job and pays as such. Well, not necessarily the case in the US. You don't notice or think about those things until you come out here. But hey, as a result, the first year FO will make an equivalent of 6-figures vs. in the US, the first year FO will make less than FA's. What's wrong with this picture??

Other factors are strategic decisions. For example, Emirates has become a global brand name for excellence in air travel. Why aren't any US carriers after the same thing?

To each their own, I suppose. You do have a point, but if things were all rosy in the US, you wouldn't have any US expats. The fact that so many expats are here says a lot. As I said, I just hope you never find yourself in the situation where you'd have to get on that plane. All I'm gonna tell you is that it's not as bad as you may think, and you might learn a few new things.

Green,

How much money do you think an EK new-hire FO could save every month having no wife or kids, and being reasonably frugal? I've searched for an answer but haven't really found a good one.

Lots of SJS pilots here in the desert. No, the FOs don't make that much money here, not even the Capts! You would have to factor in various allowances to make it a good deal, but just the straight salary alone not quite.

As far as non- skilled labors here not only they do not get paid as such but exploited! this is a modern day slavery! Not even a livable wages...

Before you all get excited about the bonus! Did we actually get a " bonus"? I don't think so. Those money came from the overtime owed to us! Go figure

Latest resources

Back