Emirates Open Day in the States

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fareview:

1. I suggest you do your homework - why the onus should be on me to verify is beyond me.
2. Don't believe all you are taught at your high school. Freedom of speech, religion and association are all entrenched in the Basic Law* in HKG.
3. Does your daddy know you're playing on his computer?

C.U. move on before you get manhandled.

I tremble before you.

I just couldn't resist this:

The HKSAR shall protect the right of private ownership of property in accordance with law. (BL Article 6)

All Hong Kong residents shall be equal before the law. Permanent residents of the HKSAR shall have the right to vote and the right to stand for election in accordance with law. (BL Articles 25-26)

The freedom of the person of Hong Kong residents shall be inviolable. No Hong Kong resident shall be subjected to arbitrary or unlawful arrest, detention or imprisonment. Arbitrary or unlawful search of the body of any resident or deprivation or restriction of the freedom of the person shall be prohibited. Torture of any resident or arbitrary or unlawful deprivation of the life of any resident shall be prohibited. (BL Article 28)

Hong Kong residents shall have, among other things, freedom of speech, of the press and of publication; freedom of association, of assembly, of procession, of demonstration, of communication, of movement, of conscience, of religious belief, and of marriage; and the right and freedom to form and join trade unions, and to strike. (BL Articles 27-38)

The provisions of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, and international labour conventions as applied to Hong Kong shall remain in force and shall be implemented through the laws of the HKSAR. (BL Article 39)

http://www.info.gov.hk/basic_law/fulltext/

* Look it up. Sorry "dude", Google it.

Last edited:
C.U.

You made the mathematical claim (x 3) so back it up or move on.

Ah, I see so you live in a democracy.

As to freedom to strike, then why did'nt you when the 49ers were left hanging - taking upgrades and pay raises were we?

fv

Is that the best you can do, little boy?

Why should I "back it up or move on "? Use the search function on PPRuNe, junior, and do your own research. I am at the receiving end of a Cathay paycheck (have been for many years) - and know what I earn. I also have many friends at EK and know what they earn too.

Re your thoughless and callous remark on the 49'ers: Shame on you. I am a proud and paid-up member of the AOA. Show me another union - anywhere - that would have paid salaries to it's unfairly terminated members for almost 4 years by making a 5% donation off their members' gross earnings. Not tax deductable, by the way.

As you seem so interested in the welfare of the 49'ers, I can easily provide the bank account details to you where you can make a donation to their welfare. PM me and I will be happy to supply it. You may want to also contact the Cathay Pilots Union by visiting their website here: http://www.cathaypilotsunion.org/ - click on the "donate" button.

Please post your receipt so we can all see.

As for a "pay raise"...(peals of hysterical laughter)...we're working on it!

Shouldn't you be at school already?

Cpt. Underpants said:
Is that the best you can do, little boy?

Why should I "back it up or move on "? Use the search function on PPRuNe, junior, and do your own research. I am at the receiving end of a Cathay paycheck (have been for many years) - and know what I earn. I also have many friends at EK and know what they earn too.

Re your thoughless and callous remark on the 49'ers: Shame on you. I am a proud and paid-up member of the AOA. Show me another union - anywhere - that would have paid salaries to it's unfairly terminated members for almost 4 years by making a 5% donation off their members' gross earnings. Not tax deductable, by the way.

As you seem so interested in the welfare of the 49'ers, I can easily provide the bank account details to you where you can make a donation to their welfare. PM me and I will be happy to supply it. You may want to also contact the Cathay Pilots Union by visiting their website here: http://www.cathaypilotsunion.org/ - click on the "donate" button.

Please post your receipt so we can all see.

As for a "pay raise"...(peals of hysterical laughter)...we're working on it!

Shouldn't you be at school already?

You continue to dodge the question

Once again you avoid backing up a mathematical claim by comparing your paycheck to friends at EK.

We are referencing an entry level job at EK where you claimed CX pays 3 times more to fly twin heavies.

YOU specifically used the multiple 3 not me. So one would presume you calculated a number and figured out that CX pays three times more. So lets have it.

Enough of the hyperbole on the 49ers - 'shame on you'

The AOA showed their true colors as did you initially on pprune attempting to discourage the new joiners .

The 49ers is a debate - open to opinion

3 x the salary is fact open to diclosure - so lets have it or shut up.

fv

CU

One more thing that undermines your pay claim credibility.

You are an 'A' scaler are'nt you?

Nothing loke comparing a no longer available package to your buddies at EK.

This is too easy.

fv

fv

No job is just about the $$$. Environment, management, flying hours, leave and contracts all play a part.

Hong Kong is far from perfect and DXB is perfect - from far. You clearly have a beef about CX and/or HKG - your choice. Would I live and work in DXB. No. PEK? No. TPE? No. But there are many who would, and that's their choice, it's just not for me, nor will it be.

I have travelled far and wide, spoken to many in this profession about who gets what and know, I suspect, a whole lot more about this business than you. Armchair quarterbacks and internet intellectuals* are a dime a dozen. I have helped dozens of guys with applications and facilitated many into a position with Cathay. I actually do put my money where my mouth is.

As for your "put up or shut up" statement - why? It's all out there, and has been posted ad nauseum by many. See that "search" thingy at the top, just right of centre?

Use it.

Post, insult, postulate as much as you wish. I really don't have time for you*.

Cpt. Underpants said:
fv

No job is just about the $$$. Environment, management, flying hours, leave and contracts all play a part.

Hong Kong is far from perfect and DXB is perfect - from far. You clearly have a beef about CX and/or HKG - your choice. Would I live and work in DXB. No. PEK? No. TPE? No. But there are many who would, and that's their choice, it's just not for me, nor will it be.

I have travelled far and wide, spoken to many in this profession about who gets what and know, I suspect, a whole lot more about this business than you. Armchair quarterbacks and internet intellectuals* are a dime a dozen. I have helped dozens of guys with applications and facilitated many into a position with Cathay. I actually do put my money where my mouth is.

As for your "put up or shut up" statement - why? It's all out there, and has been posted ad nauseum by many. See that "search" thingy at the top, just right of centre?

Use it.

Post, insult, postulate as much as you wish. I really don't have time for you*.

Capt A scaler

yawn

no numbers - no credibility.

You made a specific numerical claim and refuse to back it up because you know its wrong and you got called on it.

You went on to educate us on religious discrimination in the UAE yet you live in a country (the PRC) where the Pope could not openly name newly chosen cardinals/bishops for fear of 'political reprisals' (they had been kept in complete secrecy in the Vatican).

next

fareview

About a year and a half ago Ek gave pay raises, but only to locals.
EK is almost as bad as GF, and that is really sad.

WMUSIGPI said:
Sorry where "captain" Mr. Ed goes I do not follow. Red Tails will understand.

More info on this statement please. I've received PMs from current NWA pilots that said he was a pretty good guy.

TP

Latest resources

Back