• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embraer 190 comparable pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I left Jetblue, mainly from this issue. After all the bitching, after all the pocket sessions, David, Dave, and little Dave (Bushy) said tough luck. In order for us to make money, we need to pay trash wages to our people. How 'bout them values boys?

And what really got me is that people like some of you guys bought it. Amazing! Lets work for half wages so Jetblue can make money. Why not work for free? We don't care about a retirement, we got those stock options! Worth alot now for the numbers 500 and higher, huh?

Some of you wonder why you get denied jumpseats and the like.... I know it isn't supposed to be a political tool, but it was a slap in the face to the industry. I know I caught slack as a commuter and normally just paid nonrev charges to my furloughed carrier to not have to deal with it...
Don't get me wrong, there are some great guys there. But there are quite a few morons that seem to be just happy to have a job and would gladly work for less...

Uppercrust said:
Whatever MR. ERJ.

Nice try. Beats paying for SIC 1900 time big boy! Either you're a moron or a flame baiter. Probably the latter or both.

Last edited:
BLUE BAYOU said:
Patience is a virtue that not many pilots own up to. With all those folks aiming the "you're dragging the industry down" sydrome at us, you might want to ask how much a straight pay (no overtime 70+) captain at UAL is making flying the A-320; I believe UAL is the one dragging the industry down, so please, direct your quote to them instead! If we wait this out long enough, our pay will look pretty good after management at NWA and DAL get done with their "reorganization". Or better yet, how much do the guys and gals flying the 170s for Shuttle America get for their pay??? Or NEWCO??? in their 70-110 seat jets. Therein lies the fact as to why JBLU probably will keep our rates where they're at for now and compensate accordingly with profit sharing in the future... Something that most legacy carriers do not participate in.

Hey Blue, hope that when we wait even longer after the dust settles at NWA, DL, Shuttle America and NEWCO that DN doesn't "adjust" your pay accordingly so that you can in fact maintain a profit.

BLUE BAYOU said:
Patience is a virtue that not many pilots own up to. With all those folks aiming the "you're dragging the industry down" sydrome at us, you might want to ask how much a straight pay (no overtime 70+) captain at UAL is making flying the A-320; I believe UAL is the one dragging the industry down, so please, direct your quote to them instead! If we wait this out long enough, our pay will look pretty good after management at NWA and DAL get done with their "reorganization". Or better yet, how much do the guys and gals flying the 170s for Shuttle America get for their pay??? Or NEWCO??? in their 70-110 seat jets. Therein lies the fact as to why JBLU probably will keep our rates where they're at for now and compensate accordingly with profit sharing in the future... Something that most legacy carriers do not participate in.

No B-fund, weaker benefits, and no widebody flying. Just a few peaks at the big picture regarding your UAL comment. Not that our contract is something to be proud of, but there is more to it than just the hourly A320 payrate. What we both have in common is much to prove in the years ahead.

BLUE BAYOU said:
If we wait this out long enough, our pay will look pretty good after management at NWA and DAL get done with their "reorganization".

If you wait this out long enough you'll be getting a paycut so that you can once again work for half the wages and benefits of the legacy carriers.

Last edited:
Chronic Jetlag said:
FYI:

For those who are not aware of comparable equipment pay for the E190 since it's a new type, here is Air Canada's E190/E175 pay in U.S. Dollars: 1st year = $32K/year, 2nd year = $36.4K/year respectively for both Capt & FO. 3rd year Capt = $97.9/hour, FO = $51.5/hour. 4th year Capt = $100/hour, FO = $54.1/hour.

These numbers are still significantly higher than Jetblue's after factoring in JB's 1.5X pay above 70 hours flown. We need to get the pay up here at Big Blue!

Chronic Jetlag

In case you didnt realize we are living in the united states my friend! Its a whole different animal in another country.

How much do Air Canada pilots pay for their health care?
Oh that's right they don't pay for health care.

Where is B6's largest pilot base?
Cost of living in the sticks of Canada?

G4G5 said:
How much do Air Canada pilots pay for their health care?
Oh that's right they don't pay for health care.

Where is B6's largest pilot base?
Cost of living in the sticks of Canada?

No... they just stand in line for 3 days when they want an aspirin from the Dr. And who wants to live in the sticks of Canada... its cold there!

BLUE BAYOU said:

Ual dragging the industry down??? Are you joking? Sure once they were on the verge of liquidating they had to bring their pay down to the level of everyone else. But, even after the massive paycuts they are still right in line with industry average pay and get a B plan contribution of 15%.

Now before they were on the verge of collapse they had pilots making 345/hour, the lowest paid 737-200 captain on property made over 170/hour. Those retiring were getting pensions anywhere from 100-180k/year for the rest of their lives and most had a B fund with about a million dollars in it. According to a few articles bemoaning the productivity at UAL the average pilot flew under 60 hours hard time and was paid over 80 hours. Now how in the world is that dragging the industry down.

The only reason that all this came crashing down was because UAL's cost structure was way out of whack with airines like SWA, JBLUE, AWA, Frontier, etc. I don't think you can ever accuse a pilot group of dragging the industry down when they had guys making nearly 400k/year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back