Embraer 190 comparable pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He can't say.....

He thinks because someone works for JB and is satisfied with the payrate on the 190, that they are "selling themselves short".....

He doesn't understand airline economics. Airline economics aren't what they were in the late 90's.....granted, I wish fares would come up as well. But higher fares will only get the mainline carriers off the cellar floor. It certainly will not allow them to make lots of money and simultaneously fund pensions, retool their existing fleets, and pay the pilots what they were making in the late 90's. With fuel twice what it was back then and everything else costing more, there is no way to effectively do what you want.

The 190 pay is low. However, it won't stay that way forever just like the Airbus pay went up as well.....it is a gradual transition. Did the SWA guys make top dollar when they started? No! However, they, like everyone else, should look to the future. If they had, maybe some of the mainline ALPA carriers wouldn't be the shadows of their former selves.

A350

A more disgrace

Uppercrust said:
The 190 pay is a disgrace.

I agree 100% with Uppercrust, the E190 pay IS a disgrace, but judging from his avatar (if that is a real pic) I think that poor excuse for a so called airline pilot job he bought at Gulfstream Int'l is not only a disgrace but an abomination! The owner of Gulfstream Int'l Tom Cooper (Eastern scab) is bending you over and wiping his rear end with your uniform shirt collar...the same uniform shirt collar he made you wear while you were still in ground school. You're subsidizing his airline, the person in the right seat is paying to sit there and the guy in the left seat could make more working at Taco Bell meanwhile Tom Cooper is laughing all the way to the bank in his Beech Baron that the pilots paid for.

sandman2122 said:
Uppercrust,

It's not a good idea to post your picture on Flightinfo............

Now a picture of your wife or girlfriend - that's okay!

She told me she only sent that picture to me. Tell her to call me ASAP.

JBFlyer said:
I guess we should just raise our pay rates to "what they should be" to quiet all the complainers of pay rates. To heck with the company's financial well being. Let's raise the rates to make as much as possible before the coffers run dry. Then we can go down the tubes with everyone else.

Times have changed and are still changing. How many more bankruptcies and pension dumps do we have to see before complainers get a clue???

Now that's the right way to look at it.

Last edited:
Patience is a virtue that not many pilots own up to. With all those folks aiming the "you're dragging the industry down" sydrome at us, you might want to ask how much a straight pay (no overtime 70+) captain at UAL is making flying the A-320; I believe UAL is the one dragging the industry down, so please, direct your quote to them instead! If we wait this out long enough, our pay will look pretty good after management at NWA and DAL get done with their "reorganization". Or better yet, how much do the guys and gals flying the 170s for Shuttle America get for their pay??? Or NEWCO??? in their 70-110 seat jets. Therein lies the fact as to why JBLU probably will keep our rates where they're at for now and compensate accordingly with profit sharing in the future... Something that most legacy carriers do not participate in.

One could also argue that United 320 pay was brought down to the lowest common denominator, that being JetBlue at the time. Hopefully things will turn around now that all the executives are getting their big bonuses and we will be able to bring the wages up to where they belong at all the carriers.

727RedTails said:
Hopefully things will turn around now that all the executives are getting their big bonuses and we will be able to bring the wages up to where they belong at all the carriers.

Sadly, I doubt that will ever happen.

Latest resources

Back