• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Chronic Jetlag

I'm great at sleep'n in
FYI:

For those who are not aware of comparable equipment pay for the E190 since it's a new type, here is Air Canada's E190/E175 pay in U.S. Dollars: 1st year = $32K/year, 2nd year = $36.4K/year respectively for both Capt & FO. 3rd year Capt = $97.9/hour, FO = $51.5/hour. 4th year Capt = $100/hour, FO = $54.1/hour.

These numbers are still significantly higher than Jetblue's after factoring in JB's 1.5X pay above 70 hours flown. We need to get the pay up here at Big Blue!

Chronic Jetlag

You could--

1) Ask Dave really, really nicely when you see him next time, if he is isn't traveling to check out his investment in Vueling.

2) Upgrade to the A320 (most popular answer)

3) Unionize

You union types all crack me up.

Just what part of being in a union guarantees that the pay at your airline will go up? I think that the experience of the past several years supports my notion that forming a union doesn't guarantee squat.

An independent union? Maybe. JB already has that in quite an informal way.

JB is and has been very proactive. They had a bunch of Christmas morning diverts and the schedule for many was changed. Many lost out on Christmas pay.....the company just unilaterally decided to pay anyone who lost out on their double time holiday pay the guarantee of their holiday time. This is from a company that figures on losing money for last year.

I will vote for a union when JB management shows they need to deal with one to listen to their employees. Right now, they listen better than any management I have worked for.

A350

Jetlag:

Look at the total compensation, and I'll bet it is very comparable. They pay a Captain 32K a year?

A350

Jetlag: Thank you (sic) for being so vigilant in your observations regarding our pay issue in the 190 fleet. You must have just read about this and not have realized that this horse has beating so many times in this forum that there isn't enough leather left to make a small wallet. While I personally take exception to the STARTING pay, you have to start somewhere.

Keep up the good work (sic). Hopefully you're as vigilant at your own organization.

FlyBoeingJets said:
You could--

1) Ask Dave really, really nicely when you see him next time, if he is isn't traveling to check out his investment in Vueling.

2) Upgrade to the A320 (most popular answer)

3) Unionize

Or you could take your special finger your dream rag and #3 and have a big ole time.

I enjoyed all alpa had to give me, a jets 4 jobs program slotted bidding and whatever else U mainline wanted to urinate down our backs (PSA).

In the future I believe the right thing on the pay will be done.

As old Al Spain used to say "you must be smoking some of that funny stuff." Anyone working for that pay must be smoking something. It is an embarrassment to the industry. Not too hard to pay Christmas double time when pay is half of what it should be...

dude:

I don't get where you get off saying the pay is half what it should be. So JB should pay a second year pilot $140 an hour?

I suppose our Bus pilots should make $260 an hour too?

I suppose with the lousy pay, JB has had lots of problems finding people to work for them?

A350

"I don't get where you get off saying the pay is half what it should be. So JB should pay a second year pilot $140 an hour?"

Absolutely. I think $140/hour for a captain of a 100 seat jet is too low. Quit selling yourself short. You think 70/hour is fair? You must be smoking some of that funny stuff.

Latest resources

Back