• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB 170 today at CHQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok for you guys that think CHQ, Mesa and SkyWest are racing to the bottom in salary, I pose this one...........What would be an honest pay for a 70 seat driver and a 90 seat driver? For a Capt and a FO??? You say we are cheep labor, well then name the price??? $100 an hour, $200 or $50 What would you be happy with if your paycheck said.....amount every two weeks?

Avi8tor2000 said:
How about congratulations instead of "congradulations"...?

Just a thought.

The 170's are coming, around 6 next year, 8 the year after, 25-50 for a grand total. J4J with UAL.

Oh, heck...then why not "financing" vs. "finiancing"?

:eek:

Quit dragging us through the mud. I can't wait for CoEx to get a TA so ya'll can bitch about how they didn't raise the bar enough, or didn't kiss Comair's rear for going on strike. If you are able to read, you will find we have SUBSTANTIAL improvements in Scheduling, benefits, and work rules. We created a "One Company, One list" without any concession. Well, let me take that back, the ONLY concession in the contract is now we can only carry 1.5 times our PDO accrual to the next year (presently 2).

Let's evaluate the sections:
1) Scope - One Company, One List --- improved
2) Definitions - Same
3) Compensation - everyone gets a raise --- improved
4) Expenses - improved
5) Moving Expenses - improved
6) Scheduling - improved
7) Vacancies - same
8) PDO's - same, but for fairness our only concession
9) Seniority - improved
10) Training - New, improved
11) Furlough Same
12) LOA Improved
13) Physical Standards - Improved
14) Insurance and Benefits - Drastically Improved
15) Supervisory - Improved
16) check Airmen - Improved
17) Bases - Imroved
18) Resolution of Disputes - Improved
19) Dues - Same
20) Uniforms - Improved
21) New Aircraft - Improved
22) General - Improved
23) Hours of Service - same
24) MIA - Improved

The final score 23-1. One slight loss. Overall, each section is better, some more so than others, than the present CBA, plus our EC neutered an alter ego. I guess if we could always get what we wanted, they'd be the Handout Comittee, and not the Negotiating Comittee.

On a side note HappyPilotGirl, our EC did want all you fine folks from SA to get pref. hiring. The company thought about it and rejected it. The Local is still trying to work a deal for ya'll. (from the road show). BTW, since you are rated on the 747-4 according to your list, you should have no problem finding a job outside of SA.

I must apologize to those of you that are insulted by our horrible and abusive working conditons. I also add my apologies that our 60+ seat pay rate, although it is 1.5% higher than AWAC, is a joke. Thankfully, you have no reason to associate with such a group of sellouts such as us. I also apologize for the growth we've had over the past 5 years. Perhaps we should vote our TA down to better your company.

Last edited:
LOL.."fo couldn't afford the digital camera..."

I'm a 3rd year fo for chq.

I've got the MINOLTA dimage 7i ,5.2 mega pixls. camera. the bose X with the upgraded power cord and mike, Archos 40 Gig multimedia "mp3/hard drive/ avi player/recorder/ smart media card reader/compact flash module/camera. I have a licensed copy of ADOBE photoshop 7.0, and others. A "competition class" stereo in my car (1200 watts rms). enough computer stuff on my desk to warrent three power stips, I have a collection of orchids I grow, etc. I have a GF in college(read not much money) with a 7yr old Kid-I pay the bills in my 1900 sq foot condo- for all three of us. I'm getting fat from eating out to much(even with my $500 gym membership)...

I'm doing OK...I can wait a few years for the "big money-I'm doing OK...(can still tip well, and throw around money at the "club".

B

COuld someone please post the 70 and 90 seat rates at the majors so I can compare?

Last edited:
RPA,
Thanks for the photos. That's the first real good look I have had at the EMB-170 - very nice looking machine (much better than the CRJ-700)

HappyPilotGirl,
Where did you get your avatars? Is there a website with them - they did look quite funny!

Hey Happypilotgirl,

(Regarding Picture #2: "see, this is where the FO will be putting the bags before departure")

another good one...lol. (I guess that is better than putting them in storage, in the garage. Where are you going to put yours in a few months when Wexford is done with you guys. (I was one of the 15 SF3 guys fired illegally by CHQ 'cause the SF3's were losing money-then WEX. bought you guys to help run the leases out with our AC and routes ;)... but don't worry, we are STILL working on getting you all here at CHQ (if you want to) when the AXE starts swinging at shuttle ...

B

Latest resources

Back