• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB 170 today at CHQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yo BLUE--Who Dat...PM me, or post a hint? (woudn't be x-training guy would it? MM)

B

Last edited:
Avi8tor2000 said:
The 170's are coming, around 6 next year, 8 the year after, 25-50 for a grand total. J4J with UAL.

I have read and re-read the TA, there is NO MENTION of J4J with UAL.

It specifically states US Airways J4J. There is no side letter for UAL.

Care to clairfy???

Lazy8s
:)

BTW.....

HappyPilotGirl....

not so happy?

It sucks that SA is going through all of this right now. I'd hate to be there. However, lets not forget that CHQ came over an bailed you folks out quite a few times with everything from helping management recover from "crainial-anal inversion" to wet leasing the last of our Saabs to help the SA #s look better. Also quite a few maintenance bailouts to prevent USAir from canning you guys/gals.

I'm not trying to gloat, I'd just like to remind you that you shouldn't bash those that have helped in the past and those that are trying to help in the future.

I haven't personally been trying to get SA over to CHQ but I know that there are those @ CHQ that are working toward that. I hope for your sake that your attitude doesn't shine trhough at an interview........

Just something to think about.....

Lazy8s

Nosohappypilotgirls sig line:

I still blow minds for a living.

I doubt "minds" are the body parts you blow for a living.

KingAirer said:
I didnt have PSA in my thread earlier, so i found their 50 seat rates (on an earlier thread), and just for fun ill do a camparison with CHQ "mesalike" contract.

FO
CHQ PSA
1. 21.00 20.60
2. 28.25 25.75
3. 32.50 27.81
3. 33.50 32.31

Capt.
CHQ PSA
1. 51.00 49.44
2. 54.00 53.56
3. 57.67 54.53
4. 59.74 58.55
5. 61.29 60.32
6. 63.19 62.09
7. 65.14 63.61

Um? KingAirer,

I would'nt be comparing your rates to ours if I were you. You look silly since our rates are concessionary, ratified by the MEC, not the pilot group, prior to PSA going into bankruptcy. You guys are about to vote on yours and be happy with it!? For pennies above our concessionary rates? That seems odd, doesn't it?

King Airer,

As a current PSA pilot I have to agree with you. NOBODY from PSA should be making fun of the payscales for any company other than MESA. Concessionary or not they are still a disgrace, especially the FO rates.

Peace!

Skeezer

We are all guilty of bringing the standard of this profession down. NWA pilots are currently fly the DC-9-10 for alot more then we will go fly a EMB-170. So were do you think the major airlines are going to send the growth.

It was also mentioned that in the future we will bring the rates up. Why are we giving back contract gains that all the pilots before us work so hard to get. Also there is a very good chance that the pilots that follow us will be willing to work for less then us. The cycle would then continue.

We are the only ones that can stop it. I am not saying that the CHQ TA is a bad deal. To protect your flying is hugh, without giving in every where else even bigger.

Just don't sound so happy to be flying a major airline type equipment for half price(NWA DC-9 CAPT.). I think everyone of us got in this business to fly for NWA, CAL, AMR, DAL. For every airframe that traditionally flies for major but is now flown by a regional carrier is 12 to 14 less major positions. I hope we all are maxing out are 401K. Becuase none of us are going to see a major at this rate.

I for one want to look at this from a different point of view. As a CHQ pilot, i wish that any plane that holds more that 50 pax is flown by a major airline. PERIOD!! Us getting 170's or 190's is great for CHQ but bad for me ever getting to the majors. I might as well be stuck at the regional level for my entire career. That being said, this is not the fault of CHQ. In my view, this is the problem of the lower cost major airlines such as WN, AirTran, Jet Blue and so on. The regionals are the "low cost airlines" for the majors. Let's take the city of Louisville for instance. UAL always flew a 737 in about 3 to 4 times a day almost always full. Well, here comes WN(Southwest) to directly compete with UAL to Chicago even though different airports. UAL starts losing money because they have to sink to WN's low fairs. Guess what? UAL pulls out and puts Aiw Wiskey in it's place to compete. Where was everyone then talking about THOSE mainline jobs being taken away??? This not only happened to SDF, but to dozens of former UAL cities, and is happening at every major airline out there.

UAL, AA, Delta and so on cannot compete with the new low fair airlines directly. The Only way they can do it is with regional feed. I think every pilot at CHQ would be happy flying 50 seaters. What you do have to remember though is that WE as a pilot group do not make the decisions on future aircaft acquisitions. If WEXford want to dump money in the 170, that is THEIR choice.

The carrot of the 170 is not there for me. I could care less. I personally think it is a mistake investing anything in UAL right now. The decision I have made on the TA is based on Republic going away, a raise , better benefits, and overall a better contract. The 170 is non influential unless they fly em out of STL.

About all those bashing the contract, What is your real motive?? Had a Comair guy tell me to vote no so we go on strike and lose our Delta flying. Is that what this is all about? Because unless you have:

1. Read the contract at least twice
2. been to the road show

You have no clue what you are talking about.

PilotRon said:
NO maybe.... IT IS A FACT...

WE WILL FLY EMB170'S FOR UAL

I admire your enthusiasm, but I have a question:

Who will you fly the EMB170's for, if (when) UAL goes out of business?

I hope you don't put all your eggs in a basket that has already been dropped. But then you have another basket don't you, ___ being carried by USAirways. Hmmmm.

You guys had better keep Delta happy. It looks like they have the only basket that isn't full of holes.

Nice TA by the way, you've made a lot of improvements on what you already had.

Your book rates for the larger equipment are less than good and I would not crow about them (they are considerably below where they should be -- compared to current operators), but everything else is better than it was.

I wish you good luck.

PS. Nice pics. Your management has obviously grasped the concept that "the only difference between a man and a boy is the size of his toys."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back