EMB 170 today at CHQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GFunk20

Guys, an EMB 170 came to visit CHQ today and did a test with 70 employees and took a 45 minute test flight.

Maybe the United deal IS in the works after all.

Just for the passengers' sake, it would be far better to fly on EMB-170s vs. the CRJ tubes.... Does not surprise me that CHQ and UAL would be looking at it given the importance of customer loyalty. Great opportunity for CHQ pilots (and UAL furloughees)!

I hope it works out!

I wouldn't get too excited, there is a reason why ACA is leaving United, just look at what is happenning at Air Whiskey!! No way are you going to fly those 170's unless you fly them cheap for cheap United! The race to the bottom continues!!

I really don't think so. If you do get a contract I wonder what your rates will be to be "competative", as low as possible if you want a United contract. Then lets see if your company can get finiancing for new aircraft or even make any kind of profit, again there is a reason why ACA left United!! If anything you might be alittle jealous, I don't see chic- wha getting narrow bodies!! I congradulate you guys on your contract way to go in times like these. Inregards to the race to the bottom I am not talking about your pilot pay, I am talking about the situation with United. They want cheap cheap cheap and I wouldn't be to excited over it. Becareful what you wish for you just might get it!!

Its all about finiancing, your company will see if it partners up with United. P.S. I read your contract and again I congradulate you!

How about congratulations instead of "congradulations"...?

Just a thought.

The 170's are coming, around 6 next year, 8 the year after, 25-50 for a grand total. J4J with UAL.

PilotRon said:
Race to the bottom? How do you figure?

We have a much improved TA being voted on, so how are we racing to the bottom?

P.S. my source is our EC quoted at the roadshow for the TA. they are company pilots and do not lie to their membership

Like it or not the pay rates in your TA for 59+ are F*CKING PATHETIC, just as are Mesa's and Skywest's! You guys are smiling and nodding to the idea of growth even if the pay ain't right, but where are you going in five years? You will live by these numbers you vote in for a LONG time.

Seventy seaters are mainline fr*cking airplanes and when things get better there will be no mainline jobs to go around because you'll be getting paid 59 bucks an hour to be a captain on 170! Management is playing you guys like a harp by showing off a 170 during contract decision time. Hey guys, check out this cool jet you'll get to fly! Remember fellas growth always comes before compensation!

1. IBT (CHQ) vs. ALPA...Scope This ---> ..!..

2. 25 firm/25 options per the MOU (it is only such) + UAL J4J (which, now pay attention U pilots, is only pref hiring...5 per A/C and NO superseniority. Very gracious and social way to do it. I look forward to flying with you folk).

3. Props to Smaller Jets to Narrow Body...hmmmmm...Sounds like about 45 years ago

4. I'm getting a pay raise with bigger equipment. (Yeah it has pimp avionics too)

5. When #3 happened, "Mainline" "Real Airlines" or whatever PC phrase stokes your ego, the CAB didn't let you lose money. With the success of LCC, you can bet in the next contract here at CHQ, the pay will follow. If we get too out of line with our peers (since crew costs are the deciding factor in Departure Fee airlines), we will stagnate on growth.

Have a super weekend :D

Latest resources

Back