• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Effective date for age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know when the change is schedudled to take place.

Never...... unless you know something I don't. The rule hasn't changed and isn't scheduled to change. The FAA said they MIGHT issue a NPRM this fall which is a notice of PROPOSED rule making. There is a very real possiblility that this rule won't change at all.

That being said I have heard 18 months from August is the best guess of the "it's a slam dunk for change" crowd.

Gup

just because icao changes it to 65 w/one pilot under 60 doesn't mean the US cant keep it at two pilots under 60 , sounds safer than one? If you need an under sixty guy for safety sake why not make it even safer. sure adopt the rule but require while flying in the us . all pilots are under 60. Its always the more restrictive of the rules.

Back to ICAO: If you fly internationally, you certainly want to know the landing minimums and TERPS criteria are safe.

We don't TERPS our approaches to ICAO standards. Our TERPS standards are actually quite a bit different. Where is the outrage over our non-compliance with that ICAO standard? There are plenty of valid arguments for and against the age 65 rule. Compliance with ICAO just happens to be one of the weaker ones.

just because icao changes it to 65 w/one pilot under 60 doesn't mean the US cant keep it at two pilots under 60 , sounds safer than one? If you need an under sixty guy for safety sake why not make it even safer. sure adopt the rule but require while flying in the us . all pilots are under 60. Its always the more restrictive of the rules.

All this has NOTHING to do with safety.

The retirement age issue is political. The need for one pilot to be under age 60 is a real safety aspect.

Hmmm. Three on duty heart attacks at CAL so far this year, and a rule that's worked flawlessly for 4+ decades? It's a safety issue all right! And it's a rule we've grown into and perhaps need now, more than before. I don't care who you think is greedy...It's a good rule!

The change proposal IS nothing more than political. Not safe and not warranted, greed based only.

Last edited:
It is ONLY about SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There just because I typed it doesn't make it true.

Nor does the fact that you post the opposite make that true.

Good day.

FJ

Latest resources

Back