Eagle? Stay away newbies!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pulse measurement below 90........

Rumor that eagle is looking to hire private pilots and pay for all their ratings!!! Interview will consist of pulse measurement and IQ test (below 90)........

......I guess they don't want to hire any hypertensive Spacecadets!!!:):):)

What they need to do is get rib off all those super, extra, senior guys (lifers) out of the seniority list, by some how giving them some kind of early retirement so line moves up a little quicker than 8 years.

The irony of this is that pre-9/11, AA was hard pressed to hire many pilots from AE. During a period when they hired 100 a month, 2 or 3 were from AE. The flowthrough? I won't even go there. Now, AE's list has miraculously gotten really senior.

They don't want AE pilots at AA, yet they don't want senior guys at the top of the list. Can't have both.

Everyone that was talking in the crew lounge about how great the deal was. Then management squashed it. I resigned last tuesday. One of my buddies said they were anticipating 100 -200 resignations due to the letter 3 issue.
On the other hand if it would have gone through then Eagle would have been the place to be. It still may be if you live in domicle but it you are looking at a 7-8 yr upgrade. That is not a place to be if you are ever looking for life at a major. My friend, a great captain got hired in 99 and was planning to upgrade ASAP. He kept on listening to the rumors and figured that it is just around the corner. He finally upgraded last May. I am not making that same mistake.
The stock went down almost 4 points yesterday.

Breathing and a pulse. If you absolutely can't get hired anywhere else (real loser), try eagle.
Ha, yeah you sure know. Usually the other way around. As desperate as we still are for pilots the company is still very selective.

I've got to second SIUCAVFLIGHT, partly because of the incredible avatar, but mostly because eagle is actually quite picky. Only three of nine in my interview class on aug 1st got a job offer. I'm in the middle of training right now, and it it extremely thorough. I don't like the upgrade prospects, and I hate the "us against them" atmosphere, but the training is extremely good.

Wacoflyr

I've got to second SIUCAVFLIGHT, partly because of the incredible avatar, but mostly because eagle is actually quite picky. Only three of nine in my interview class on aug 1st got a job offer. I'm in the middle of training right now, and it it extremely thorough. I don't like the upgrade prospects, and I hate the "us against them" atmosphere, but the training is extremely good.

Wacoflyr

WTF????? So what is all this BS about staffing problems...Don't they follow a selection process on your resume before they call you for a interview??
What do you mean by been picky..do they fail the sim eval ( if they still have one) or somenthing??

Actually, it was kind of strange. Eagle has very specific requirements for paperwork, and at least two were excused for not providing the neccesary copies. Others failed the tech interview. Four of us went to the sim, but the captain's board didn't like one candidate's background. It was a long day. If you come, bring exactly the paperwork they ask for, and know your jepps.

Wacoflyr

Actually, it was kind of strange. Eagle has very specific requirements for paperwork, and at least two were excused for not providing the neccesary copies. Others failed the tech interview. Four of us went to the sim, but the captain's board didn't like one candidate's background. It was a long day. If you come, bring exactly the paperwork they ask for, and know your jepps.

Wacoflyr

No thx!! I am with another gig but good luck on training I heard that Indoc is really hard which is kind of ad for any kind of training I guess they want you to know the CP # and address by heart but it doesn't matter how fly the airplane

This is nothing new. Even during the hiring binge of 2004, only 4 out of 13 of us were hired that day.

Latest resources

Back