• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle? Stay away newbies!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's this all about? What's Letter 3? What's Settlement W? Why is everyone's seniority at risk? :confused:

In simple terms. An agreement for Eagle pilots to flowthrough to AA, that worked the opposite. AA and TWA pilots came back to Eagle during furloughs and still many remain here as Captains. Native EGL Captains lost their seats and got displaced. F/O's are stuck with current 8 year upgrades. Senior native EGL captains (15+ years) are not going anywhere. No movement. And the company does not want to negociate or give us a career prespective. They will start parking turboprops.
Hundreds of pilots have quit and many more will do so in the following weeks.

Stay away... don't waste time.

Last edited:
They were negotiating a settlement of outstanding issues about Supplement W @AA and Letter 3 @ Eagle W and 3 are same thing different name in AA and AE contracts.

ALPA and APA had agreed :
The one item that APA was not willing to budge on was the recall order. They wanted their guys back first before ANY one flowed up AA still has 1500 plus on furlough. For giving the APA this item we AE would have received:
1. All Eagle pilots would be given Seniority Numbers at American.
2. All Eagle pilots would start at second year pay at American.
3. All new hires for American would come from Eagle.
4. And extension of 3/W's life beyond the 5/08 sunset it now has.

Thats about IT AA/AE management told'em to "Go pound sand"

Well, as for staying away, I already work for ASA, so I'm really not contemplating a lateral move. :rolleyes:

That said, what's up with you guys? When I got hired at ASA, Eagleites were jumping ship like rats on the Titanic. Then all of a sudden it became a great place to work and people went there like mad right up until about a year ago. Now all of a sudden it sucks again? Did you guys not know this deal was in place when you took the job? Eagle flow down is nothing new.

Face it, you gambled and lost. You took the job thinking you'd flow up and be a SkyNazi one day, but instead you got the shaft. And now you're pissed?

I have been a longtime supporter and used to encourage potential newhires to come to AE. I cannot recommend this airline anymore. AE is a good company to fly with if you have no career expectations beyond sitting in the right seat of a small jet or turboprop for 7-8years making $35k the whole time. Seriously, if you want to get to SWA/FedEx/or any other major/legacy carrier go somewhere with quicker upgrades. Even if you dont want to continue to other airlines, go to XJT, CHQ, SKYW and upgrade in 1-2 years, you will at least make $60k when you upgrade. Sadly AE has nothing to offer in terms of career opportunity or advancement.

Face it, you gambled and lost. You took the job thinking you'd flow up and be a SkyNazi one day, but instead you got the shaft. And now you're pissed?

We did, we all gambled at AE and lost. Im disappointed and frustrated. I am mad that I have personally changed from being someone who loved to fly to someone who is seriously contemplating leaving the industry completely. This should be a sign for newhires.

We did, we all gambled at AE and lost. Im disappointed and frustrated. I am mad that I have personally changed from being someone who loved to fly to someone who is seriously contemplating leaving the industry completely. This should be a sign for newhires.

I second that. Things just don't work out how we want it to. Not our fault. We all give our best to the profession. The EGL execs are at fault. No more bonus to them.

It seems AMR would have to address your staffing problems eventually. A friend tells me you guys are losing more pilots than you're hiring every month and AE had to park a handfull of Saabs because they couldn't staff them. Somethings gotta give, right?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back