• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EAGLE, SKYWEST or REPUBLIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't come here we don't have a union. Decide on those aspects you find most important, then align those with the offers--should be pretty easy, given amount of information available.

I'm not so sure if a union matters. All they have done is screw the pilots over the last 15 years. 20 years ago when I was in the union they looked out for the workers, now all they do is collect the dues and go to lunch with the employer.

So, if I go to Eagle, more pay, no up grade for 7 years. If I go to Skywest, lower pay, maybe upgrade in less then three. And if I go to Republic ????

I wouldn't say lower pay at SkyWest. Their pay looks equal to Eagle for the most part. On top of that, you will upgrade quicker at SkyWest. Looks like upgrade on the EMB is running 1 year to 2 years, with the CRJ being around 3 years or so. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong there.

Keep in mind that Republic has over 70 J4J pilots. With 30 175's coming, there will probably be another 70 or 80 CA slots and a few more FO slots taken by J4J pilots. With US Air recalling, although slow right now, once the J4J pilots go back to ML, there will be A LOT of movement at Republic. Now would be a good time to get in. The recalls could take a couple of years, but upgrading sooner than that anywhere is probably unrealistic anyway. That would be my chioce...

Also, time in the 170/175 will be good experience to get. Jetblue operates the 190 which is the same rating, and US Air will probable hire off the street into the 190 as soon as a year from now. I think the 170 will make you more marketable in the future to other larger airlines...

Last edited:
I'll Be going to Republic!! Thanks for all the feedback from all you great guys. If anyone can give me a heads up on anything I need to know, it would be welcomed.

from a passenger I flew last week (and this is common)

I am so sick and tired of flying on those POs canadian aircraft. "Finally (referring to the E-170), a plane I can travel on that can hold my luggage and is comftorable. I hope you guys do more flying for Delta."

As stated earlier in this thread, we are the only company that has the E-170 and it truly is a REAL airplane! Come to RAH, we have a great product that beats the crap out of the CRJs (what skywest...comair....asa.... and whoever else has)

SkyWest is a great company BUT..Every 2 day, 3 day, or 4 day trip I do, I ALWAYS get compliments from passengers on how much they enjoyed the flight and the E170.

Even AirCanada bought the E170, E175, and E190 and said FU to the CRJ700 & 900. They are just uncomftorable.

Like I said, SkyWest is a great company. They are currently bigger than RAH but we have the dominant airplane & the only established E170 training program.

Picking a regional is a crap shoot...do your homework before making your decision.

I'll Be going to Republic!! Thanks for all the feedback from all you great guys. If anyone can give me a heads up on anything I need to know, it would be welcomed.

Do you have a class date? I have access to a lot of Republic info on the 170. I'll be happy send it to you...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back