• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ok now which airplane 170 or 700 goes:

faster?
higher?

which one is a "real" airplane? cmon loser, like companies care what passengers think.

i bet you'd have been bragging in the early 90's about being in a 1900 instead of that "other" 19 seater the san antonio sewer pipe merlin.

The Metro rules all... I guess a Citation X is a real airplane to you then...it goes faster and higher then either. Neither is a real airplane, (ie boeing/bus) but when you compare them for what their intent is, the ERJ wins hands down. The CRJ goes somewhere in the range of .2 mach faster.....whahoooo, but have you ever tried to take a pi$$ in that POs? I'm 5'9" and my head hit the curved fuselage in that undersized rear lav. The 145's lav is bigger! I had to aim to try and hit the bowl a good 12" away.

Airlines hand out customer survey's to find out what they would like to see improved. Almost 100% ask for more leg and carry-on space. But what do you care....just remember to get ice, papers, and your CEO's luggage before you leave loser

Last edited:
Why would one have to quit Eagle before applying at AA?

If AA is hiring, and you are at Eagle it doesnt make sense for them to hire you. They would have an AE training event to upgrade a CA to take your spot, a newhire off the street to take the FO spot, and have to put you through training at AA as an FO. All can be avoided by hiring 1 guy off the street into AA.

If AA is hiring, and you are at Eagle it doesnt make sense for them to hire you. They would have an AE training event to upgrade a CA to take your spot, a newhire off the street to take the FO spot, and have to put you through training at AA as an FO. All can be avoided by hiring 1 guy off the street into AA.

I've heard this reasoning before, but it doesn't make any sense. With this line of thought, how long would a pilot have to be away from Eagle before AA would consider hiring him? If you quit Eagle, they will still have to train someone to take your seat.

BTW, I interned at AA and got to know several FO's that were hired straight from Eagle. It can be done.

If AA is hiring, and you are at Eagle it doesnt make sense for them to hire you.

But they have done it many times in the past. Lots of cases of them hiring Eagle guys off the street, even if that makes no sense to you or me, they do it. Besides, Cbogaz was insinuating that you must quit Eagle to apply at AA.

ok now which airplane 170 or 700 goes:

faster?
higher?

which one is a "real" airplane? cmon loser, like companies care what passengers think.

Hmmmmm I always thought passengers were our bread and butter. Maybe I have the wrong business attitude.:cool:

It's all about comfortness to me. If you've never sat in a 170 or crj700. then you wont know what I am talking about. I know this is FI but Im not knocking the companies that have the crj. I'm just stating my own opinion that the 170 is a superior a/c compared to the crj700. Again, just look at what a/c Air Canada decided to go with. Nuff said

Hmmmmm I always thought passengers were our bread and butter. Maybe I have the wrong business attitude.:cool:

It's all about comfortness to me. If you've never sat in a 170 or crj700. then you wont know what I am talking about. I know this is FI but Im not knocking the companies that have the crj. I'm just stating my own opinion that the 170 is a superior a/c compared to the crj700. Again, just look at what a/c Air Canada decided to go with. Nuff said

You are not quite right. The idea may be to keep them comfortable but this is only as comfortable as the market will bear. If their comfort was the only consideration then the airplanes would only have 15 seats and be configured like a corporate jet. Economics plays a much larger role, how much comfort can we afford to give them and still sell tickets. This is why you will always see a variety of airplanes in the market. Delta likes having both 170s and CRJ's because that way they get a little extra luxury on some routes while still keeping the cheaper costs on some routes.

correct weasil.

I was going to add in my previous post that the crj700 would be a great airplane if they removed some of the seats to make it more comftorable but that would be taking away from the economics. I decdied to leave the post as it is. I didn't want to ramble

I should've included it by what you sare saying

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back