• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle gear up go around in SYR today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would be interesting to see what would happen if one of us keyed the mike when they were at 75' and yelled "Eagle Flight, Go Around, Go Around".

1. I don't really see this happening with current cockpit culture.
2. I bet the crew who makes the call will still get in trouble by someone for something.
3. #2 --> #1

It would be interesting to see what would happen if one of us keyed the mike when they were at 75' and yelled "Eagle Flight, Go Around, Go Around".

2. I bet the crew who makes the call will still get in trouble by someone for something.
3. #2 --> #1

Are situations like this ever gone over in training at the airlines?

Perhaps something like this would help in this strange situation, "Airplane on short Ffinal to Runway __, check landing gear."

3. #2 --> #1

Heard it at ORD in the 90s when CAL almost gear upped. ATCs response.....

Who's the Hero?

Couldn't find your PTT Switch?

Actually, we were one of the guys talking to tower on the recording posted earlier. We weren't up on tower yet when we saw it, and even if we were, we didn't have time to get off a warning.

Thanks
:confused:

Last edited:
Actually, we were one of the guys talking to tower on the recording posted earlier. We weren't up on tower yet when we saw it, and even if we were, we didn't have time to get off a warning.

Thanks
:confused:

After looking at the ground chart in Bos I thought that might be th case. Engaged keyboard too early, sorry. This e-mail was sent to all embraer pilots at eagle today. interesting

Attention All American Eagle Pilots
Re: Update On Yyz-bos Flight
I Would Like To Provide An Update On The Latest
Developments Regarding The Incident That Occurred With
One Of Our Flights In Boston. As Many Are Probably Aware,
Footage Is Available Depicticting The Aircraft Contacting
The Ground With The Landing Gear Retracted. A Team
Comprised Of Representatives From Ae, Embraer, The Ntsb And
The Faa Have Conducted Tests On The Aircraft To Determine If
Any Mechanical Discrepancies Could Be Found. Initial Result
Indicate A Possible Failure Of A Landing Gear Component That
May Have Given False Indications To The Pilots That The
Landing Gear Was Down And Locked Prior To Landing. We Will
Provide Additional Details As They Become Available.
Thanks For Your Continued Professionalism, And Fly Safe.
Jim Winxxxxx

The nose door moves in sequence with gear and it is whats going to save these guys if anything. All these systems have so much redundancy that its hard to believe that they had three green with the nose door open. It is certainly possible looking at the schematic for the nose gear door to open and the gear itself to stay retracted if there was a landing gear electro valve failure, if this were to happen the airplane would let you know, at least it should as a gear disagree. That message does take 20 seconds to show on EICAS, maybe a late extension played a part? Even then there would be a LANDING GEAR aural warning in the flare. As a former jungle jet driver this leaves me scratching my head.

Latest resources

Back