DW is mad at Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Palerider957 said:
What research needs to be done? NASA, the NTSB, and DOT, all have tons of data to show rest problems. That's why other industries have had to reform, the airlines are the only hold outs. Why this is, I have no idea.

This has nothing to do with rest rules or increasing duty time. It is about increasing productivity while your at work. It is about actually getting your rest period back at your home time zone. If you read it, it actually makes sense. I guess that's why ALPA opposes it.

InclusiveScope said:
If you can't see that "additional change" is necessary, then you my friend are the fool. You are one of those "status quo" folks who thinks the past way of doing things is the best way. Some of us prefer to think outside the box. You definately have potential up in Herndon.....

While additional changes with regards to how ALPA acts are necessary, allowing changes to flight times will pave the way for rest time changes, duty time changes, etc. As I said, only a fool could not see that--fool.

Realistic said:
INFO ALERT! and the ones that fall out during irop/sick calls will go very junior - all the way to the reserve who's trying to make a two leg commute to Kennedy work with 12 days off.

It has already been said the exemption would not be used during an IROP...

Man..
this haves/haves not thing is really new to you?

we had haves/haves nots at USAirways, DHL, Allegheny..
etc... etc... etc...

You make it sound like you really didn't understand the system when you got hired..

whose fault is that?

It has NOT been established that reserves will not be required to operate a turn!!!
And how about this? What happens to West Coast quality of life when turns get built for East Coast Departures?
As we heard in a recent pilot meeting - "our other option is to bring you all back to JFK." Besides being a fantastic bluff - it's really not dripping with values is it?
Yes - I know full well about Haves and Have Nots and in all cases this was remedied, and not by someone sitting on their ass waiting to get a fair shake from the insiders.
True representation instead of the so-called committee we have now is the way to a system that gives a voice to the have nots.
No - I didn't understand our little system when I was hired. I had to experience the bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** first hand - and now - it's time for a change. It will take some time, but have nots will get an equal voice.

Does anyone else thing that Realistic may not even work at Jetblue and is a professional Turd Dropper?? it is pretty easy to pretend you work for jetblue with all the info floating out there??

wndshr said:
Does anyone else thing that Realistic may not even work at Jetblue and is a professional Turd Dropper?? it is pretty easy to pretend you work for jetblue with all the info floating out there??

You mean NOBODY working at JB is critical of some aspects of the system? That's a little naive, I think.TC

Not sure if it is true. Please let me know if it is.

Can an Aloha crew of 2 pilots take off from OAK and round trip Hawaii and back? Someone told me that is legal. International type rules.

More or less stressful (if true) than a trip from JFK-OAK-JFK....

just a thought....

My predictions.

1. Rule won't change
2. JB will have a union in the near future(5 years)

dlredline..........when did you graduate from Texas?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back