DW is mad at Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
You mean NOBODY working at JB is critical of some aspects of the system? That's a little naive, I think.TC

some aspects...sure...but most aspects....hmmm

when you get hired there is a lot of koolaid, but common sense must prevail after the first week of training!

bottom line: you should know what you are getting into BEFORE quitting your old job....right?

Realistic??

TRUE representation?
do we do that by seat, seniority, domicile, commuter status, expectations, hair length, whether or not you got your head shaved with a goatee...

Oh...
I get it..

You want to be paid more for flying less..

Dream on dude.

The changes you are ranting about will never happen unless
we go to a flat rate for everyone and seniority is thrown out the window..

Why don't you go apply to MESA or a Legacy..?

Last edited:
I've got something for the JetBlue commuters to think about. Since the FARs require a minimum of double the rest for the hours blocked in a duty period - with a minimum of 16 hours - it would appear to me that if this exemption went through, it would make it almost impossible to fly multiple days in a row. (Unless of course JetBlue is trying to get an exemption to this rule as well). Also, if you did fly multiple days in a row, you would have to fly the all day pairing on day one and then a night time pairing on day 2 (which would mess up the circadian rhythm, which would make you less safe). So in this instance, the commuters, while they may be working less days per month, would actually be gone the same if not more days per month, due to the fact that they would have to take a day off between trips.

Let's just continue to change all of the rules because we are now under "new competitive rules" and that is just the way it is. It is a new day I guess. The next thing you know, in addition to flying the plane, pilots will clean toilets..... How about just having one or two employees on each plane? That would save a lot of money for each airline, and those management bonus checks would be huge!

Bye Bye--General Lee

"and those management bonus checks would be huge!"

You forgot: The stocktraders would be happy

I just read your CP's Blue Kool-Aid propaganda letter to you disguising this exemption rule as some sort of contra-circadium quality-of-life golden egg.

You are fools to buy this garbage.

If jetblue had proposed changing the FAR max duty to 12, I am sure DW would condemn us as well.

I will remain passionately neutral!

Last edited:
colorado418 said:
Not sure if it is true. Please let me know if it is.

Can an Aloha crew of 2 pilots take off from OAK and round trip Hawaii and back? Someone told me that is legal. International type rules.

More or less stressful (if true) than a trip from JFK-OAK-JFK....

just a thought....

Nope. International rules apply, gotta have an IO over 8 hours flight time. ATA does turns out of LAX, SFO, PHX, and SEA to Hawaii, and all of those flights have a third pilot.

Hey, Denver. Long time. Johan ALG 92-98. Sorry if I have it wrong.

Let me get this right....Jetblue management wants some sort of 3rd pilot robot named "R2sleep2" to monitor the two JB pilots on their turns to LGB and wake them up near Jamestown on the Lendy Arrival on the return leg? Is that true? Maybe it can also continually say "Nice landing Captain.......Your FO is a douche.....Nice landing Captain.....give me more blue oil for my tummy......Nice landing Captain......"

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back