DW is mad at Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
80drvr said:
I would applaud Jet Blue if their efforts were directed at complete overhaul..

For political reasons, I don't think DW would view that to kindly either.

Uh, actually Beavis, I was offered a job at Jetblue, but did not accept. I was recalled sooner than expected at my former carrier. But thanks for paying the airline flight and hotel in New York. I decided to spend the rest of the day in the city....

As per the 8 hour rule, I don't have a problem with that personally. But the 100 seat jet rates cheapen the industry. They told us at the interview that we could expect a quick upgrade to Captain. No kidding....

You guys don't give a $hit about the profession, therefore, you shouldn't get to enjoy the benefits that the profession worked to get (i.e., jumpseats). I have quite a few friends that work there that don't seem as happy as you. Now they are looking at 4 year upgrades and living in the crash pad in JFK making 50 bucks an hour just doesn't get the bills paid. Of course, you could make 70 bucks and be a captain!

80drvr said:
Why? Please explain.

Well, as we know, DW has been unable to change what is admittedly some rather arcane and fattiguing, if not less safe working conditions. For political reasons, it would not look good, if jetblue or another non union was able to change them for the better, ie lowering max duty.

Then again, perhaps he would embrace such a thing, but his stance, untill recently, on the age 60 rule, suggest that such would not be the case.
I am sure, if jetblue had petitioned the FAA for a rule change to age 60 a few years back, we would have seen a similar response from DW.

JMHO.

Last edited:
furloughed dude said:
Uh, actually Beavis, I was offered a job at Jetblue, but did not accept. I was recalled sooner than expected at my former carrier. But thanks for paying the airline flight and hotel in New York. I decided to spend the rest of the day in the city....

As per the 8 hour rule, I don't have a problem with that personally. But the 100 seat jet rates cheapen the industry.

You guys don't give a $hit about the profession, therefore, you shouldn't get to enjoy the benefits that the profession worked to get (i.e., jumpseats). !

furloughed dude said:
But the 100 seat jet rates cheapen the industry.

You must really hate the Mesaba pilots, after all, they have NWA pasted all over that BAE146, but I guess since it is renamed the RJ85 it is cool with you.
Have you looked their payscale lately, better deny them jumpseats!

furloughed dude said:
The 190 pay was lower than I thought it would be.

and yet 13 days later, you try to get your "friend" on:

furloughed dude said:
I have a friend who is too cheap to buy his own computer so I decided to help him out!!

Might he be he same you are now advocating denying jumpseats to:

furloughed dude said:
I am not saying not be friends with nonunion members, just not give them access to the jumpseat. I know alot of folks at Jetblue are ex ALPA furloughees, but this isn't personal. .

So in essence you are saying, that if you are ALPA, you can take whatever pay you can get, but if you are not, even if you get higher pay than a ALPA pilot, then you should be denied the jumpseat?

Guy, is there something you want to tell us, is the meds not working? One minute jetblue is great, next minute the enemy. You now want to deny jumpseats to VirginUSA, yet, you wanted to apply there as well or was that for your "friend" too.

furloughed dude said:
Does anyone know if Virgin is taking resumes. How about any other info, like expected pay and the like. I read where Virgin Atlantic guys don't get paid well, just curious... Thanks

You are so all over the map, but I suppose, now that you are back at NWA, you will extract your revenge: "Those bastards at blue, they will pay, pay I tell you, muhahaha!"

Like the kids say:"Whatever".

Last edited:
Dizel8 said:
Then again, perhaps he would embrace such a thing, but his stance, untill recently, on the age 60 rule, suggest that such would not be the case.
I am sure, if jetblue had petitioned the FAA for a rule change to age 60 a few years back, we would have seen a similar response from DW.

Contrary to popular belief, DW and ALPA national have not changed their view on age 60. They are merely polling the membership to see what they think. Even if the membership poll shows that the members want a change, that does not mean that official ALPA policy will change. This is merely a method of seeing where the membership is on the issue.

As for the flight time and duty rules, I think if JB agreed to join forces with ALPA to try to make a comprehensive change to the rules then DW would be happy to have you with us. Cherry picking the rules you don't like and trying to get exemptions for them is unacceptable however. You're going to drag the rest of us down with you.

PCL_128 said:
Contrary to popular belief, DW and ALPA national have not changed their view on age 60. They are merely polling the membership to see what they think. Even if the membership poll shows that the members want a change, that does not mean that official ALPA policy will change.

SWAPA is going for the age 60 exemption, yet, I have seen no outcry from DW, even though ALPA stance is still 60, until the polling is complete.

If a poll shows the majority of ALPA members to be for it, then DW would have to change his stance, since he would have to represent the majority of his members, correct?

PCL_128 said:
As for the flight time and duty rules, I think if JB agreed to join forces with ALPA to try to make a comprehensive change to the rules then DW would be happy to have you with us.

Now, just playing a little bit of devils advocate here: So we are not allowed to do anything without ALPA,we must toe the union line, even though ALPA does not have to ask us. Seems like a disconnect to me, perhaps we should pay dues, while not being represented. Perhaps we should ask DW if he accepts our contract etc?

I have decided not to be a proponent of changing the 8hr rule, because I have come to the realization, that while I believe it has certain merits, it has the potential of being abused by some carriers management. However, I still do not think, that DW would ever work for what is in the best interest of me, nor would he ever ask my input on any issues, unless I pay him to do so. I have no problem with that, but then do not expect me to ask him! Fair?

Last edited:
Spooky 1 said:
How would you expect this rule modification to effect your job flying a G550? Looks like you are furloughed, and yes if you were thinking about going back to AA then there might be implications. Otherwise as a G550 Capt. I just don't see the connection and no I do not believe in the trikle down theory as it applies to this issue. Surley would not give up a G550 job to go back to AA, would you? How many hours are willing to fly in the G550 with only two guys? I'll bet it is in excess of 10 and that does not figure in the time hanging around the FBO. Not being critical of your posts, just trying to see where you are coming from on this issue.

Thanks...

-10.5-

furloughed dude said:

As per the 8 hour rule, I don't have a problem with that personally. But the 100 seat jet rates cheapen the industry. They told us at the interview that we could expect a quick upgrade to Captain. No kidding....

You guys don't give a $hit about the profession, therefore, you shouldn't get to enjoy the benefits that the profession worked to get (i.e., jumpseats). I have quite a few friends that work there that don't seem as happy as you. Now they are looking at 4 year upgrades and living in the crash pad in JFK making 50 bucks an hour just doesn't get the bills paid. Of course, you could make 70 bucks and be a captain!

I doubt very much you were offered a job at JetBlue...and I am surprised you landed over at NWA. You are the kind of "professional" human garbage that interviewers laugh about at the end of the day..."you should have seen this one idiot we had!" I think Dizel8 did a good job bringing to everyone's attention your true colors. You have to hand it to a guy who switches sides more often than a tennis ball on an ANONYMOUS MESSAGE BOARD even. Must be a real treat to fly with...writing up all your Captains after shaking their hands at the end of the day. What a tool.

IB6 UB9 said:
I doubt very much you were offered a job at JetBlue.

Of course he wasn't, not that it in itself means anything,geting hired is always a crapshoot, but clearly there are some pent up anger issues!

Latest resources

Back