• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Don't hold your breath for a pilot shortage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There will always be people willing to fly a plane for very little money. Many of them have families with money to begin with, if not an insane love of being around planes. Flying aside, there are plenty of people who run businesses, botiques or some other small enterprise without turning much of a profit. It usually involves a trust fund or family money to make the ends meet. The occupation itself is not a means for subsistence.

Wrong, it'll be here and the biggest prob is gonna be replacing the folks at the regional level once we're all gone.

There will always be people willing to fly a plane for very little money. Many of them have families with money to begin with, if not an insane love of being around planes. Flying aside, there are plenty of people who run businesses, botiques or some other small enterprise without turning much of a profit. It usually involves a trust fund or family money to make the ends meet. The occupation itself is not a means for subsistence.

Also, you have to keep in mind that obtaining your pilot certifications and getting hired at a regional is much easier today than in the past. Designated examiners push people through all the time, I think those of us that have been around awhile know this. If they start failing folks who shouldn't pass, they won't be getting called as often by other students. You better believe that the DE won't part with $400+/hr over an unsatisfactory manuever. Not all but they're out there.

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked by some yoyo who can't even speak proper english at the airport, "How long do it take to become a pilot?" I just think to myself, "yup, I'll see you in the crew room soon".

Many people are stuck in a mindset that things won't change bacause of the last 5 years. The number of retirements demands hiring.

U can breathe easy now...the pilot shortage has already started.

cliff
SYD

Also, you have to keep in mind that obtaining your pilot certifications and getting hired at a regional is much easier today than in the past.QUOTE]

I would disagreee. Trying to get a flight trainning loan is so much harder now than before, plus the cost of it. If you look at the amount of commercial certificate that were isse this year is much less than before.

Also, you have to keep in mind that obtaining your pilot certifications and getting hired at a regional is much easier today than in the past.QUOTE]

I would disagreee. Trying to get a flight trainning loan is so much harder now than before, plus the cost of it. If you look at the amount of commercial certificate that were isse this year is much less than before.[/QU

I'm guessing all the miss spelling is on purpose. I'm not talking about getting loans. I'm talking about getting certificates.

Last edited:

I would disagreee. Trying to get a flight trainning loan is so much harder now than before, plus the cost of it. If you look at the amount of commercial certificate that were isse this year is much less than before.[/QU

I'm guessing all the miss spelling is on purpose. I'm not talking about getting loans. I'm talking about getting certificates.

I didn't know this was English 101. I don't usually check it because it's not important.

Latest resources

Back